Chapter 8

Chapter 8: "I'm liking the view,"

"You better lose yourself in the music, the moment, you own it, you better never let it go! You only get one shot do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a lifetime!" I yelled, rapping along to Eminem as I did my sit-ups.

"Good lord! You're lucky this part of the basement is sound-proof or none of us would get any sleep!" Brody yelled over my music. I paused the song and grabbed my towel.

"Sorry little bro, couldn't sleep so I decided to squeeze in a workout." I said. It was already 6:30 in the morning. Wow i've been in here since 5 it didn't even feel like it's been that long.

"Yeah, I get that," He walked towards the treadmill, "mind if I work out?" he asked.

"Have at it, I'm done anyway. I'm gonna go get ready. Don't forget, Adrian and his friends are coming over today, don't tire yourself out too much." I said as I started up the steps.

"Yeah, i'm looking forward to it. I like Adrian." He said, turning on the treadmill.

"I've noticed, why's that?" I queried.

"I don't know, he's cool and fun to be around I guess." Brody replied.

"Yeah, he is." I smiled and with that, I went up to my room.

✨✨✨✨✨

It was now 7:30 and I had just gotten out of the shower. I wiped the fog off the glass with my hand and brushed my teeth. I walked out of the bathroom, my towel still wrapped around me, to check my phone.

"Damn, I'm liking the view." I heard a deep voice say, I reached under my pillow for my switchblade. Turning around, I saw that it was just Adrian. Adrian?!

"Whoa, it's just me." Adrian said putting his hands up.

"What the hell are you doing here? And in my room?!" I asked. "Wait a minute, how did you even get in?" I tucked my switchblade back under my pillow.

"Your brother let me in. Also, what's with the switchblade?"

"What's with the gun?" I said, gesturing to the gun that was tucked into his black jeans.

"Fair enough."

"So what are you doing here?"

"You know, I was just cruising the streets and well, here I am." He shrugged. Something was wrong, I could tell. I realised I still only had a towel on with nothing but a bra and underwear on underneath.

"Wait here." I ducked into my walk-in closet, shutting the door behind me. What to wear, what to wear. I decided on denim shorts, a white champion crop top and black sk-8 High Vans. I walked through the door that connected my bathroom and closet, blow dried my hair and tied a black hoodie around my waist. I came out of the bathroom door to find Adrian sitting on my bed, looking at a framed picture of my brothers and I at the beach when we were a bit younger. He looked at me and smiled ever so slightly.

"How come your parents aren't in this photo? You look like you were 12 or 13."

"Because they don't have time for us anymore, they never really did anyway." I looked out my window to avoid his gaze.

"I'm not going to be at school today." Adrian said suddenly.

"Why?"

"I have some personal matters to attend to with my father, he's teaching me a few things about his business, i'll have to take over one day." He frowned.

"You don't seem to ecstatic about that."

"No, I am, it's just, I don't know. So anyway, i'm still coming after school with Matteo and Stefano. Matteo isn't going to be at school either, he'll be with me. Stefano was supposed to skip as well but he wanted to go to school, i'm assuming that has something to do with your friend, Tasha."