Chapter 6

"Alright, I guess we only have you to run tests on," Caitlin said.

"Yeah... how long will that take? I have to get back to my CSI job."

"Not that long... we just need to check your vitals and draw some blood," Wells stated. After going through the whole pile of tests, I could finally go to work.

(Barry's Pov)

I had to see her. I've been gone for nine months, but it felt like a daydream. All I remember was seeing Iris's face, but then it later turned into Maya. I don't know why, but all I know is I have to see Iris, so I'm on my way to Jitters right now.

As I walked in, I couldn't believe how more beautiful Iris had gotten in the nine months I've been gone. Iris looked up, and we made eye contact, She rushed into my arms.

"Oh, my god. You're awake. Why didn't S.T.A.R. Labs call us? Is Maya awake too?"
"I just woke up. And yes, Maya is up as well."
"Should you even be on your feet?" Iris questioned.
"Iris, I-I'm okay."
"I watched you die, Barry. You and Maya. You kept dying. Your heart kept stopping." My face dropped for a moment, but I recovered.
"It's still beating," I said as I grabbed her hand and put it on my heart.

"Feels really fast. "
"Oops." Everything slows down. I pulled away from Iris to see a girl and a plate with drinks fall in slow motion.
"Are you okay, Tracy?" Iris asked.
"Yeah, I got it."
Iris turns back to me, "My dad is going to be so happy to see you. Let me get my stuff, okay? Be right back."
(At the station)
Maya and Barry run into each other as they walk into the station. "Hey Maya," Barry said.

"Hi..." and with that Maya walked into the station. As Barry, Iris, and Maya walk into the station, everyone welcomes Barry and Maya back from being in a coma. "Oh, you scared the hell out of us, kid," Joe said about Barry and Maya.

"Yeah, that was quite the nap you guys took there, baby face. And Allen, you still look 12." an officer said.

"You two look okay," Joe voiced. "Are you guys really?"
"Yeah." Barry and Maya said
"Detective west, We've got a 5.15 in progress at gold city bank, two dead."

Storm's really picking up on the south side. I'd grab your rain gear."
"I'm sorry, Barry and Maya. I got to run."
"Do you need our help?" Barry asked.
"No, you two take it easy. There'll be plenty for you two to do once you guys settle in. Let's go, partner."
"Hey, Allen. Glad to see you. Hey Hernandez." Eddie said.

"Thanks, Eddie." Barry said.
"Hey Eddie." I said.
"Hey, iris." Eddie said kind of side smiling.
"Detective, go. My dad doesn't like to be kept waiting." Iris stated.
"Glad you guys are back." Eddie said before he took off with Joe.
"Well, I'm going to go. I only have 5 minutes left of my break." Iris said.

"Bye," Maya and Barry said. Maya was still sort of mad... well, not actually mad, just annoyed... with Barry, so she went to the lab upstairs to get away from him. Barry noticed Maya was getting up and go somewhere else, so he followed her because he wanted to know how she was doing after waking up.

(In the lab... Maya's POV)
"How are you doing," Barry asked.
"I'm fine," I said, annoyed.
"Are you sure?"
"YES... if I say I'm fine, then I'm fine."
"Maya... I have known you since elementary. I know when something is bugging you, so what is?"

"It's..."
"It's what?"
"Nothing... it doesn't concern you." I feel bad for snapping at Barry, but it's so frustrating that he can't see that I'm right in front of him.

"It does because you are one of my Best Friends." There's that word "best friends". I never knew two simple words would hurt so much. I can't fathom having the person I'm in love with be in love with someone else that's not me.