Chapter 8

(Barry's Pov)

I got out of there the fastest I could. I couldn't stay there and continue to pretend like nothing happened, especially with Iris there. I know I probably should've left like that, but I am so confused right now. Maya would probably never forgive after that. I feel like a dick.

(Maya's Pov)

"Alright, I think it's time for me to head out. I have work tomorrow," Iris said.

"Alright bye Iris," I said as I walked her out. As soon as she left, I went to brush my teeth. When I got done, I tried to go to bed, but I just couldn't. I told Barry how I felt and as soon as Iris showed up, all the words he said fell flat. Being people's second choice always and forever. I guess I was wrong about Barry, he's like every guy I ever been with. They say one thing, but in reality they mean another. I was just his backup plan, Iris was always his primary plan.

Morning (Nobody's Pov)

Barry left early to the station for the first time in forever just so he doesn't have to bump into Maya walking in, even though they work in the same space and they have to go to S.T.A.R Labs for check-ups. Maya woke up and made herself and croissant sandwich (*insert Tom holland voice* Quackson) with ham and cheese. She really needed to talk to Barry about what happened last night, so she goes to the counter and grabs her phone to text him.

 She really needed to talk to Barry about what happened last night, so she goes to the counter and grabs her phone to text him

Barry didn't reply to her text.

(Barry's Pov)

Maya texted me but I left her on read because I'm still trying to figure out my feelings and figure out what I'm going to say to her when she comes in.

(Nobody's Pov)

Maya got slightly ticked that Barry didn't reply, but she just ignored it and got ready to go to work. Barry is going to have to talk about what happened, eventually. They work in the same place for god's sake and they are the only ones that know what each other is going through, especially with these new powers.

 They work in the same place for god's sake and they are the only ones that know what each other is going through, especially with these new powers

Maya finally finished getting ready. She did her makeup naturally and put on her comfortable jordans because they are probably going to be at a crime scene and she's going to be standing for a good amount of time. She didn't want to worry about her feet hurting or caked on makeup slipping off because recently in Central City the weather has been fluctuating randomly. It would be sunny and 80 one minute and the next depending on what part of town maya is in, it would be rainy and 68.