Chapter 18

(Iris's Pov)

Think about your best friend. It could be your wife, your father, maybe someone you grew up with. It's the person you can't wait to talk to. The person who knows everything about you, who roots for you. Now imagine you discover your best friend has a secret. No, not a secret. A universe of secrets. Would you confront him? Would you stay silent? Either way, you know nothing will ever be the same again.

(Maya's pov)

~At the station~

"Where is Thawne?," Singh asked. Barry and I looked at each other, not knowing what to say since the Reverse-Flash took Eddie, but then in a split second I finally came up with an excuse that could probably work.

"He took some personal time, sir."

"Yeah, Eddie's been going through some stuff, Captain," Barry joined.

"Yeah, aren't we all?," Singh asked, more like stated.

The conversation shifted from Eddie. Hopefully that was convincing enough for Singh. We talked about the case before Singh could've found the plot holes with my and Barry's statement.

"You got anything on these gold store robberies?," Singh asked.

"Perps hit up two more in the last week, and we still got nothing. We're working on it."

"Just waiting on some last results from the lab," Barry said.

"All right, well, pick up the pace. And see if somebody can contact The Flash. Maybe he can help speed things up. You know what I mean.... Get going," Singh exclaimed.

(Joe's Pov)

~At Star Labs~

"Anything?"

"No. I mean, we've looked everywhere," Caitlin said. Joe just sighs, "Keep looking."

"Of course. Yeah," Cisco chimed in.

(Barry's Pov)

~At Station~

"Hey."

"Hey," Iris said

"Uh, I'm heading out right now. What's up?"

"Something happened. And I'm not supposed to say anything, but I couldn't keep quiet."

"What happened?," I asked.

"The Man in Yellow, he took Eddie right in front of me."

"Oh, my God." Hopefully that reaction was concerning enough for Iris, even though I know Eddie got taken. Keeping secrets from Iris keeps getting harder and harder. "Are you okay?"

"No, no. Not at all. No, I... The Flash was there." Oh, there it is. "He told me to go home and not to talk to anyone because he would fix it, but he hasn't. I think the police should be out there searching for Eddie," Iris said questioningly.

"No, Iris..."

"My dad needs to know the truth."

"Uh, I think that The Flash is right. Joe and the cops, they're no match for The Man in Yellow, Iris. They would just get hurt."

"So you think The Flash is out there right now, searching for Eddie?," Iris stated, but still gave a look like she was trying to pick up my body language seeing if I was going to break.

"I'm sure he's doing everything he can to find him."

"Yeah, well, I'm finding it pretty hard to trust The Flash right now." Damn it... I think she's catching on. I fucked up. DAMN IT! Joe is definitely having my head now.