Chapter 10

(Nobody's Pov)

They pulled out of the parking lot, and the silence was so awkward. This is what Maya was afraid of... she knew she should've never have told him.

(Maya's Pov)

What was I thinking?! I know he's never going to like me, he's just trying to find a perfect way to let me down gently, and the kiss was just to make sure what he really felt towards Iris which was utter love. No matter how many times Joe has said that the way he looks at me differs from he does Iris, I just can't see it. He obviously has the stronger feelings towards Iris... I mean they make quite the literal definition of "perfect couple" with "perfect life" and "perfect kids". This car ride seems to drag on forever with this awkward silence, but Barry decided enough of the silence and tried to spark up conversation.

"So... what did you mean about "or an Iris", " Barry questioned.

This caught me completely off guard. "What do you mean?"

"At the lab you said "or an Iris" under your breath thinking no one would hear... well I did." I went red in the face. "You heard that?"

"Yeah... so what do you mean?"
"Barry, can we not get into that right now?"
"Why not?"

"Because you know exactly why I said that," I gave him a really look. "And I thought we are listening to Joe and stop the silent treatment and put some of this to rest."

Before Barry could reply, we finally got to Jitters, and I parked in front

Before Barry could reply, we finally got to Jitters, and I parked in front. "Honey, we're home." This made Barry chuckle a little as we walked into Jitters. Barry held the door open for me and I thanked him as I walked inside with Barry following behind me putting his hands in his jacket pockets. When we were walking towards the line at the register, we heard a name calling us. It was Iris.

"MAYA! BARRY!" Iris said all smiley, hugged both of us. "... Sooo..."
"Sooo, what?" Barry and I questioned Iris.

"When were you two going to tell me you guys were a thing?" Barry's eyes almost bulged out of his eye socket and I choked on air.