Chapter 15

(Barry's Pov)

My suit just exploded like that. I guess there's a new meta human on the loose. She got away while I'm left here just in my boxers.

(Back at the lab... Maya's Pov)

"Barry, can you hear me? Barry?," Caitlin screamed through the com.

"There has to be a perfectly reasonable explanation for him not answering," Cisco said.

"Barry?," Wells exclaimed. I was about to search for him. Suddenly a gush of wind came in. It was Barry... in his boxers. Everyone gave him a look, wondering why, "Uh..."

"Don't ask," Barry said.

"I'm going to ask. Where's my suit?," Cisco asked.

"It's... Gone."

"What do you mean, it's gone? What did you do with my suit?"

"It blew up, dude. I got out of it before it went, kaboom."

"My suit went kaboom?"

"Fun fact about Bette Sans Souci. She's not carrying bombs. She touched the emblem on the suit and turned it into a bomb."

"She's a meta-human. With the ability to cause spontaneous combustion upon tactile contact," I said. Everyone looked at me. "What. I pay attention sometimes when you guys talk." Wells laughed.

"She blew up my suit."

"You have, like, three more," Caitlin said.

"Okay, I have two. And I loved that one," Cisco said.

"All right. What else do we know about her?," I said.

"Oh, I don't know. She's pure evil. We're going to find this girl and send her butt into the pipeline. No one blows my tech to smithereens and gets away with it..." Cisco said.
Caitlin pulls up a picture of her. "Unless she looks like that," Cisco said.

"I don't think she meant to hurt me," Barry stated.

"Well, her being a meta-human explains general Eiling interest in her," Wells said.

"And why he stole the case from us. He didn't want anyone to know what she could do," Barry said while folding his arms at chest level.

"Detective," Wells said.

"Doctor. So... Human bomb. Must be Tuesday in central city," Joe said.

"Yes, and General Eiling is not one to give up a potential asset without a fight," Wells stated.

"We have to find her before he does," I said.

"Barry? Can I see you for a second?," Joe asked.

"Yeah, sure," Barry said. Joe pulled Barry into the hallway so they could have a more private conversation.

(Nobody's Pov)

"When were you planning on telling me that iris saw the streak?," Joe asked Barry.

"That was not planned. She caught me off guard."

"We had a deal. You keep her in the dark about the meta-humans. I don't go Floyd Mayweather on you."

"Okay, joe, I know."

"And she's writing a blog now."

"I already talked to her about that."

"Talk to her again. And be more convincing."

"Okay.... You mean, right now?"

"Yes, I do."