Chapter 9

(Still Maya's Pov)

I swear I'm about to hit him. He thinks all this is going to blow over like nothing... NO! He needs to sort out his priorities (Insert Ron Weasley's voice) first. He either has feelings for me or her. "No... Barry, you do not have any right to say!"

"Why not?"
"Aren't you confused... I thought I could've sworn that, that is what you said?"
"I am... but"

"But nothing Barry... till you figure out what you really feel... it's me or Iris... so come back when you figure all that out but you can't expect me to wait up for you." I said as I walked away from him.

"MAYA!" He said as he grabbed my arm and pulled closer to him. As he did, I pushed away a little.

"Maybe just we weren't meant to be together... maybe in another life... another timeline we do, but right here, right now, we were probably doomed from the start." This hurt Barry's heart. They waited too long to do anything about their pent-up feelings. Now Maya is going on a date with Harrison and Barry has to sit back and watch from the sidelines.

"Maya." I continued to walk away back to my desk. "MAYA!" As Barry was trying to get me to talk to him, Joe walked in. Me and Barry turned around as we heard his cough.

"Hey hey.... What happened?! There is some serious tension between you two... now you guys work it out because you too love each other and both of you almost lost your lives but you are here now, so there is no time to be mad at each other." Joe stated giving his famous fatherly advice. "Now you guys get downstairs Singh wants to talk to the whole department."

"Alright," Barry and I said at the same time.

(Nobody's Pov)

After the meeting, Maya and Barry go back to lab and Maya just ignored Barry for the rest of the day. Apparently the entire department is going to have to do weekly drug tests because some rookies were doing lines and steroids in the locker room where they put all their stuff at. None of the rookies would come forward of who it is, so now the entire department has to pay.

In the middle of Maya ignoring Barry, Barry get's a text from Cisco saying that he and Maya need to come to S.T.A.R Labs for more tests. Barry debated if he should get up to Maya and tell her or to just text it to her. Barry maned up and with whatever courage he had left, went to tell Maya that they are needed at S.T.A.R Labs.

"Hey Maya

"Hey Maya..." Maya looked up saying no words, playing Too Good At Goodbyes by Sam Smith in her head.

"Cisco needs us to go to the lab for more tests after work." Maya just simply nodded okay and Barry let out a loud sigh, hoping she'll actually speak.