Chapter Seven

Why the hell does this guy keep coming around?

I turn to see Jeff standing at the foot of my bed, knife in hand, as always. He laughed when he saw me looking at him, but I only glared. "Ever heard of personal space?" I snap, not really wanting to put up with him right now. My once fear of him has simply downgraded to annoyance.

I turn back around, laying on my stomach with my head on my pillow. I hear him laugh more, longer and louder than necessary. I groan, squeezing my eyes shut. "Will you quiet down? Jason will hear you." I snap and his laugh comes to a sudden stop.

I feel the bed dip towards my feet. Great. Why can't he just leave? Suddenly, I feel the coolness of the knife on my back just above the top of my tank top. I begin to get a little nervous. He drags it along my spin, cutting the skin that was showing along the way. I shiver due to the tingling feeling but hiss because of the pain. "S-Stop.." I mumble, trying to turn around.

Jeff had other plans. He shoved a hand against my right shoulder, the one I was turning on. I try to stuggle but he sits on my legs, pinning me in place. I feel his knife on the side of my neck and his hot breath on my ear above it.

"Don't tell me what to do, Daniel." He chuckles, his breath sending even more shivers down my spine. I nod my head in agreemen, making the knife scrape against my skin.

I was wrong for not fearing him. He's a bipolar psychopath. He could kill me now with a flick of the wrist. But why didn't he? He had killed my friend without a second of hesitation. Why couldn't he do the same to me? It was getting tiring. I sigh, which causes him to tense a little.

"Just do it already." I mumble. I was nervous speaking these words but it would give me the answers I needed. He killed all his other victims without a ounce of regret, but won't kill me. But is constantly threatening to. In fact, every encounter we had, he's had the opportunity to kill me. Yet, here I am. Alive and well.

If he still can't kill me even after I tell him to, then theres obviously something up. Yes, I am putting my life on the line, but he probably will kill me in the end anyways.

I feel Jeff sit up slightly, allowing me to breath a little easier. "What?" He whispered. He sounded so unsure. So lost. So... broken. It was a new tone coming from him and I was really unsure of how to feel about it. I bite my lip, deciding I can't give up now.

"I said just do it already. Kill me. Make me go to sleep! I'm tired of it!" I yell, but after my words stop, everything is motionless and silent. The knife that was held to my neck began to shake softly. I look over my shoulder at him and see a completely devastated look on his face.

"D-Daniel.." he said, his eyes filling with tears. He completely retreated the knife, holding it in front of him. Through his carved smile, I could see his frown and his hurt expression. "Daniel I can't, I just-" Suddenly, my door flung open, causing both Jeff and I to flinch.

"Who-.. What the hell are you doing in here?" Jason screamed, pulling a gun out of his pocket, even though he was dressed in his casual clothes. He pointed it at Jeff, who seemed to quickly transition back to normal. He jumped off me, running to the window. He's about out when Jason pulled the trigger. I scream, holding my hands over my ears.

I cant tell if it hits him or not, but when I got up to look out the window, he was already out of sight. I lay my shaky hands on the window pane, trying to steady my frantic breathing.

"Damn it..." I hear Jason mumble from right behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw he was scanning the area to try to find him. He was really close to me too. His body was almost touching mine to the point of where I thought I could feel his body heat.