Chapter Six

I basically clung to the "oh shit" handle in Jason's car for my life. He had drug me out to his car by the wrist after the incident in the hallway. It actually still hurts from his strong grip but, unable to rub it because of my grasp on the handle, I bare through it.

"What the hell was that, Danny!?" He screamed, clenching the steering wheel tighter. I would answer, but I honestly don't know what that was myself. I think the first person who gets to know why the hell Carson kiss me should be me!! But maybe not. Maybe it should be this jackass cop.

"I don't know!" I say, my voice cracking because of how scared I was. I hated being in cars anyway, that's part of the reason I walk to school. I could take the bus, but I prefer not to. After all, a car crash was the cause of my father's death. Would really like to avoid crashes at all costs, so this situation is definitely not good for me.

Jason growled, narrowing his eyes on the road. Why the hell was he so upset? Was... was he jealous? At this thought, I laugh internally. No way, he would never! He probably just knows Carson doesn't have the best reputation. Although, I wouldn't mind if he were a little jealous.

No! Stop that Daniel! You cannot like someone that old! Snap out of it you whore!

I look out the window, ashamed of myself for thinking like that. I see how fast everything is going and it makes me sick to my stomach. I wonder if my dad was going that fast? My breathing begins to quicken, my vision blurring along with the passing trees. Soon, things go black.

But I don't think much of it. In fact, I just ignore it. Why didn't anybody believe me about Jeff? I'm not crazy, I don't see why they wont believe me. Especially Jason. He seems so nice. His eyes are so kind. Unlike Jeff's. His were creepy but in a way... obsessive.

Why was he always around anyway? What made her so special? Why was absolutely everyone always around her? Jason, Jeff, and now Carson? It was all too much. Why did Carson kiss her? His girlfriend just died! Maybe it was just his way of coping.

For a long time, my thoughts were clearer and I could think about everything is some silence. But soon, my thoughts jumbled and I couldn't focus on anything. Maybe I just need some sleep.

---

"Goodmorning, sleepy head." The familiar voice speeks. Jeff!? I spring up, looking around my room frantically. My head automatically pounds and a hand pushes me back down into a laying position. I look up into the green eyes I'd been seeing a lot lately.

"J-Jason..." I say, holding my head. What were we doing here? What time is it? I look out the window and see it was dark. I sigh, confused. "What's going on?" I ask, still feeling sleepy.

He heaved a sigh and I feel his hand rake through my hair. My eyes shoot open at the gesture, but he doesn't seem to think much of it, simply smiling down at me. His face was smiling, but his eyes were sad and concerned. "I didn't know you had a fear of cars. Specifically speeding ones." He chuckled nervously. Wait, how'd he know about that? I never told him! "Sorry. You uh.. kinda had a break down." He frowned, but quickly covered it with a grin.

I feel my cheeks get hot. His hand was now on the back of my head. He could totally lift me and kiss me whenever he wanted to. This made my stomach flip flop. I look over at my alarm clock. 8:40. I look up at him in shock. "I've been asleep this whole time!?" I practically scream, making him jump a little.

He laughs moving his hand that was behind my head slightly, but not retreating it. "Uh, more like unconscious. But yeah. Can I get you anything to eat?" He asks, his face just beaming with concern. Why did he care so much? He probably just felt bad for driving so quickly. He's a cop, he just feels considerate for people, right?