Chapter Three

A picture of yours truly, Jeffy!!

Enjoy!

---

Everyone was standing around my house now. There were ambulances and several cop cars. I watched as my step fathers body, covered with a white blanket, was loaded into the ambulance. There wasn't really a point to that; he's dead.

I sat in the back of a cop car, where they told me to stay. I had told them the killer tried to attack me in the woods and that I had knocked him out. They went to check it out, but came back saying that there was no one there. Great, he got away.

Now, you would assume I'd be crying my eyes out, but I wasn't. I didn't feel anything. It was like, all emotions I once had were stolen away, leaving me as only a girl with a blank face.

The cops had called my mom, but she couldn't leave right away because of her job. By the time she got there, the ambulance was gone along with a few cop cars and most people. You could tell she was trying to cry, clinging onto Jason, the "cutie cop."

She was wearing a very revealing blouse with a short pencil skirt. She looked like your common everyday whore. "Oh! My poor husband!" She sobbed into Jason's shoulder. He looked very uncomfortable with the situation, cautiously patting her on the back.

"I'm sorry, there wasn't anything we could do to help. I'm sorry for your loss but- oh! Daniel is still here!" He said, leading her over to me. God, how I wish I had mid powers in situations like this. I'd tell him not to bring her any closer and to throw her off a cliff. Of course, I don't think that would work on him, considering he's a cop.

"Hi Mom." I say bluntly. I don't look her in the eyes though. I never do. She shoots me a glare only I could see before putting back on her pout, turning towards Jason, ruffling herself up.

"Now, Mr. Conaway, I can't risk letting my daughter get hurt," she begins. Oh great! Don't tell me she was taking me out of school! "I need you to always be at the house, gun in hand, to protect my daughter!" She dramatically flings herself onto the cop, obviously pretending to be sad.

Jason coughs awkwardly and my mom jumps back, wiping an imaginary tear away. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Adams b-" my mom interrupts him, putting up a hand.

"It's Ms. Dayton. Harry was not my original husband" she smiles, nodding for him to continue. But the fact that my mom said Ms. and 'was' tells me she already is over Harry. That's her 3rd husband since my dad died.

"Oh, okay. Umm, Ms. Dayton, before I can promise you anything, I will have to check with my boss. I'm sure it will be fine, considering what's been happening to you. With this killer on the lose, I don't blame you for wanting protection. Do you work full time?" He asks.

"Unfortunately yes. I'm not normally home and I often sleep," she pauses for a second, as if thinking about where she does sleep. "...not at home." Jason nods.

"Ah, I see. Well, I will check with the chief then get back to you on that. Can I get your number so I could conta-"

"YES!!" My mother screams, interrupting him once again. She clears her throat, collecting herself. "Yes, of course." She reaches into her purse, pulling out a card that had her number on it. A business card I assume. Wonder what it really said on it.

"Thank you," he said with a smile. I wanted to punch my mom for allowing him to look at her like that. Did he like her? Ugh what is this? Why should I care? Sure he's cute but he's too old for me. I shouldn't be jealous like that. "I'll get back to you soon."

Then, he walked over to me, holding out a hand. Here we go again! I can stand on my own thank you. But this time, since he (well, mostly my mom but he was allowing it) was flirting with my mom, I shook him off, standing and letting out a humph noise. He looked at me, almost sadly but then turned back to my mother.

"I suggest you stay at home the rest of the night, in case the killer comes back." He says, shutting the door of the cop car. My mom nods, although, I knew she would go right back. Jason nodded before driving off, only leaving my mother and I to stand in the driveway.

My mom sighed, walking over to her shitty car. "I have to go back to work, but I will see if I can get off early. Be careful and if anything happens, just call 911." She waved her hand around before she slammed the door, started up the car. Before I could even say anything back, she was screeching down the street.

What am I going to do? I'm all alone in a house a killer just murdered in. Jeff the killer. I shakily walked towards the door, my legs almost giving out. When I got inside, the couch was still covered in blood. I wasn't sure what to think about it, so I just walked upstairs, a blank look on my face.

I opened my bedroom door, walking over to my bed. I sat down, putting my head in my hands. It was a lot to handle. And it didn't make it any better that the killer was still out there. He knows where I live! Oh shit! H-He can come back whenever he wants. I snap my head up, looking around the room.

My eyes settle on my closet, which was slightly ajar. I always keep that shut. I slowly stand up, walking over to the door. I grab the knob with shaky hands, then quickly open it. Inside my closet, there was nothing but clothes. I moved some around until I was content with the fact that no one was there.

I sighed, laughing nervously. I shake my head, leaning against the door. Thank god! I think I'm okay. I turn around, going back to my bed. I lie down, closing my eyes. Some sleep sounds great right now. I was just falling under when I heard that same scarily silky voice.

"Hello Danny..."

----

Sorry for the short chapter!! ಥ_ಥ

Leaving to go to my dad's in 3 days. I won't be able to update as much there, so trying to get as much in as possible.

Thanks for reading, though! If you'd like, go check out my other books :3 for example; "I'll Be Your Guardian" a Jack Frost fan fiction, and "My Own Neko" my popular boyxboy story.

Comment/vote/follow/share

Thanks Loves! <3