Chapter Four

My eyes shoot open at the sound of the voice. But as I open them, I see only black. I shriek, thinking I was dead. I sat up quickly, basically having a panic attack, and looked around. I sighed when I saw my alarm clock which read 4:56 am.

It was just a dream. I laugh nervously, running a hand through my hair. Thank god... I don't need any more excitement today. I reach over and turn on my lamp, not feeling tired at all. My eyes scan my room automatically. Nothing seemed out if place...

Except the figure at the end of my bed. I couldn't look at it. I couldn't run. Hell, I couldn't even scream. I just awkwardly sat there, staring at my floor but looking at the figure out of the corner of my eye. I knew very easily who it was. It wasn't a hard thing to guess.

Surprisingly, I suddenly felt myself calm down, as if I wasn't scared anymore. I found my voice, sat up straight, and turned towards the figure. "Hello, Jeff."

I was greeted with a smiling face. A forever smiling face. He laughed manically. "Hello again, Daniel." He said from the foot of my bed.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, feeling slightly awkward, but not even remotely scared.

"Well," he began, laughing. He started to walk towards the side of my bed, running his sharp (and bloodstained) knife across the railing. "I came to finish my job... But then..." He neared me and sat down on the bed beside me.

The dip in the bed made me slide slightly closer to him. I didn't move though. I was interested in what he had to say. But, looking behind the wide eyes and scared smile, I saw something else in his expression. Nah.. I'm just going crazy from the stress. I'm not even afraid of him right now! I must be crazy!

"I.. I began to watch you sleep." He said, not looking into my eyes. "I watched for hours." He smirked, finally looking down at me, although, his stare looked quite strange without eyelids. "Do you know you talk in your sleep?" He asked me and I blushed.

"I've been told... What did I say?" I ask, slowly starting to feel nervous. Not about him, but about what I said. I hope it was nothing embarrassing!

"You said my name." He said, getting closer. He looked down on me as I lay flat on the bed. "And I liked it. Say it again for me, Daniel?"

That's when I got scared.

"N-No!" I whimper, trying to scoot away. He just pinned me down to the bed. He got on top of me, straddling me. He grabbed my wrists and pinned them above my head with one of his hands, and with the other, he held his knife to my neck.

"Say my name, Daniel. I want you to say it!" He practically yelled in my face. I whimpered, feeling the tears start to form. No. I'm not crying in front of this psycho! It will only give him pleasure! I need to stand up for myself! But... I do have a knife to my neck...

"P-Please let me go!" I beg, looking up at him. He grinned widely as he looked down on me, moving his face closer.

"Yes, yes. I like that. Beg me. Say, 'Please let me go.... Jeff.' Go on. Say it!" He giggled. I shook my head frantically. "I might just do what you say if you say it like that." He commented.

Well, it's worth a shot.

"P-Please... Let me g-go..." I paused, looking up at him. He pressed the knife closer to my thin neck, slightly cutting the skin. "J-Jeff..." I softly say.

"Say it louder." He demanded. I but my lip, looking away. I didn't like this at all. I feel like this is all for his guilty pleasure.

"Jeff.." I say a little louder.

"I like it when you stutter. C'mon, Daniel. Do it right and maybe I'll let you live another day."

I sigh and take a breath. "J-Jeff!" I say, giving it the winey, beggy tone he wants. I said it loud too, looking him in the eyes. But I didn't mind keeping the scowl on my face.

He sighed, smiling down at me. "Yesss, that's it, Daniel. Perfect!" He laughed and retreated his knife from my bleeding neck. But he stayed there, sitting on me. He didn't weigh a lot though. He was freakishly skinny! Geez, eat a cheeseburger!

"So.. Are you going to let me go or not?" I ask, nervously. He smiled at me. Damn, is this guy ever in a bad mood? He slowly nodded, releasing my hands. I pull them to my chest, rubbing them.

He slowly leans towards me until he's right by my ear. "Be good, Daniel." He then chuckled in my ear before sliding off me and my bed. He snuck his way over to my window and slid out.

I sigh. Why me? And why can't he even call me by the name I want to be called? It's Danny! Not Daniel!

---

I slammed my tray down on the table next to some of my other friends, a few has teary eyes. They were probably still upset about Zoey. I know I should be the one the most upset about her because she was my best friend... But I didn't feel too bad. I know that sounds selfish, but I know she went quickly and didn't have the maniac stalking her. But I sighed nonetheless when I got there.

"Hey guys..." I said awkwardly. Nena, a freshman with brightly colored blue hair looked up at me with sad eyes, silent waving.

Carson, another one of my close friends, who was also Zoey's boyfriend, looked up at me. His cheeks were tear stained and his eyes were red and puffy. "Are you not sad, Danny?" I shrugged.

I saw the anger fill his face and he sat up, ready to say something to me. But before he could, I heard my name being called over the whole cafeteria.

I look up to see Jason, scanning the room. I stood up and his eyes settled on me. He smiled before waving and I walked towards him. He lead me out of the lunch room and towards the office.

"So did everything go okay last night?" He asked. I shook my head as we turned a corner. "What happened?" He asked looking concerned. He got to the office and walked in, going back into the principals office, like before.

"Well..." I began. Should I tell him what happened? Of course I should, he's a cop! But.. What if he thinks I'm crazy or if it was a dream? What if he makes me leave my house? Well, I guess that one wouldn't be such a bad thing.

"Welllll...?" He said waving me on. I look up awkwardly at him and he smiles, chuckling. "Go on, you can tell me anything."

I sigh, beginning slowly. "Well... I think Jeff the Killer has an obsession with me."