TWENTY-TWO

-

"Hey, my G-no, scratch that-hey, mf-ass bitch," Komori greeted with a smirk.

"What's up, mf?" I replied, mirroring his playful tone.

"You don't talk to me as much as you used to. I'm mad," he joked, his eyes dancing with amusement.

I chuckled, shaking my head. "This grey-haired bitch always leaves me alone at school and didn't even show me around the campus, so I had to find my way around the school all year."

Komori laughed, throwing an arm around my shoulder. "Damn, my bad, man. I'll make it up to you, promise."

- Sakusa's POV

"You can do this, Omi," I muttered to myself, psyching up before confronting Kitchi. Gathering my courage, I approached her. "Hey, Kitchi. Can we talk?" I said, trying to keep my voice steady despite the nerves.

"Hm? Sure, babe," she replied nonchalantly, not sensing the storm brewing.

"So, uh, okay. I don't think this is going to work out. Let's break up," I blurted out, opting for directness.

"W-what?" she stuttered, clearly taken aback by my suddenness. "You heard me," I said, a hint of frustration creeping into my tone.

"Is it because of the new girl? You have feelings for her, don't you? Remember, I'm the only one who can help you overcome your phobia," she taunted, trying to twist the narrative.

"That's where you're wrong. Only she can help me with my phobia. I met her first, and if I had confessed sooner, she wouldn't have left, and I wouldn't have to deal with your shit," I shot back, firm in my decision.

"I'm going to make her life hell. Mark my words, Omi," she threatened as she started to walk away.

I grabbed her wrist, stopping her in her tracks, and leaned in to whisper something in her ear. "Go on, try it. I dare you," I said, my voice low and dangerous. "You don't think I know about your cheating? How you used me and made me believe you were the only one who could 'fix' me?"

Her eyes widened in shock, and she struggled to find words. "H-how..."

"Oh, plenty of people are on my side. So if you even think about touching her, I'll make sure your life goes up in flames," I warned, letting go of her wrist and walking away, leaving her speechless in the corridor as I headed back to the gym, a weight lifted off my shoulders.

- Y/N's POV

"Tsukasa-san," I called out as I dashed toward the boy, my heart racing with anticipation.

"OH MY GOD, Y/N!" he exclaimed, his eyes widening in disbelief as he wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug.

"Can I be your manager again?" I asked eagerly, returning the embrace.

"Of course!" he replied, his excitement matching mine. "I'm gonna start today," I announced with determination, already eager to jump back into the role.

As I hurried back to the classroom, a hand suddenly rested on my shoulder, sending a ripple of shock through me.

I looked over and saw Sakusa, as dominating a presence as ever. I felt a shock from his contact, a rush of both astonishment and unease pulsing through my body.

"Oh, hi, Omi," I greeted him, attempting to maintain composure despite the unexpected encounter.

"Hey, Y/N, can we talk after practice?" he asked, his voice surprisingly gentle compared to his usual stoicism.

"Yeah of course! Sure," I replied, ducking into the classroom, leaving the lingering curiosity of those around us.

"Damn, what was that all about?" Haru asked, his eyebrows raised in curiosity as I settled into my seat.

"After practice, the boy wanted to talk. I'll go home alone later, so don't wait for me, Haru," I informed him, already lost in my own thoughts.

"Hm, I'll think about it," Haru replied with a small chuckle, his gaze lingering on me before turning back to his own tasks.

"What exactly does he want to talk about? After a year? Am I even ready to talk to him? Maybe I should have confessed to him instead of chickening out like I always did." I mused to myself, the uncertainty of the situation weighing heavily on my mind.