FOUR

-

"Who's Sakusa Kiyoomi?" I innocently asked.

"Oh, he's Itachiyama's most popular guy," Yuji chimed in dreamily. "And it's not just because of his looks; he's one of Japan's top TWO aces. TOP TWO, Y/N!! Isn't that so cool?!"

"I don't really find anyone particularly handsome," I said, diverting the conversation away from boys and toward schoolwork. "I'm focusing on my studies for now."

"Well, he's UNDENIABLY gorgeous," Yuji added with a giggle. "But I'm more into girls, personally. Men are a no-no for me, bestie."

As I finished my song, I noticed a familiar figure approaching the door. Suddenly self-conscious, I felt a rush of nerves at the thought of being watched.

"You have a lovely voice," the stranger said, moving closer.

"Thank you," I said, attempting to hide my nervousness. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Not that long," she reassured me. "I just came in when I heard you sing the 'you lie but I don't let it define you' part."

Relieved that she hadn't seen my full performance, I strolled up to Akira and invited her and Yuji here. Despite my general sensitivity to being watched while singing, their presence seemed different.

"Let's hang out since we have a free period next," they both proposed hopefully.

"YEAH, LET'S GO!" I felt a rush of enthusiasm at the possibility of spending more time with new acquaintances in a new location.

- Third Person's POV

As the three of them hurried out of the music room and into the garden, you accidentally bumped into someone once again. However, it wasn't Komori this time. Instead, you were met with a pair of disgusted black orbs glaring at you.

"Ew. Disgusting. Get out of my face and don't even bother me again," the person spat out.

"What do you mean disgusting? I literally shower thrice a day, you dumbass," you retorted, feeling irritated by the unwarranted insult.

"I didn't ask. You still have germs on you. Disgusting person," they shot back.

"Oh, please shut the fuck up, don't piss me off more. I'm already pissed off." you responded, walking away from them, leaving them speechless.

- Sakusa's POV

I found myself taken aback. No one had ever spoken to me in such a manner before. Who even was she?

"Omi-kun, I ran into this incredibly pretty girl on my way home yesterday," Motoya, my cousin, mentioned excitedly.

"Her name's Fujii Y/N. I swear you'd look good together," Motoya continued, trying to spark my interest.

"Do I look like I care, Toya? I'm not looking for a girlfriend. Consider all of the germs she lugs around with her. Ew," I replied dismissively, uninterested in the idea.

"Too bad. She's so pretty, and she's not like those girls who fangirl and practically drool over you,"

I rolled my eyes at him before walking away, but he couldn't get over his interest about the girl from earlier. Later, while walking to the cafe, we ran across the same girl I saw bumped into in the garden.

"Oh, hi Y/N," Komori greeted her.

"Hi, Komori-san,"

My eyes widened as I recognized her. "SHE is Y/N?!," I thought to myself once more.

The girl clicked her tongue in annoyance as she furrowed her brows and glanced at me from head to toe.

"Are you okay, Y/N?" Komori asked, noticing her demeanor.

"I'm alright. It's just that this person beside you assumed I was some filthy girl who accidentally ran into him in the corridor and thought I was his fangirl or something," Y/N explained, her irritation evident in her voice.

"I'm not sure why people are fangirling over you-haven't they noticed your ass attitude?" she added, her tone laced with sarcasm.

I scoffed, "Well, you spoke to me in a harsh tone too! Don't try to act all innocent."

"It's more like I put you in your place," Y/N retorted, unimpressed by my retort.

After the whole thing, I realized Komori wasn't exaggerating Y/N's beauty-she was absolutely beautiful.

I never paid attention to a girl who was obsessed with me. Love has always seemed to me like a waste of time and an unpleasant thing to experience. Because of this, I couldn't understand why people fell in love and had never thought about it myself.