THIRTEEN

-

"Alright, everyone, listen up; we have a very special student who will be gracing us with her voice tonight," announced the principal, her voice carrying over the murmurs of the crowd.

"What are you going to sing again?" Emiko inquired, her curiosity piqued.

"The first song is 'Happier' by Olivia Rodrigo," I responded, trying to mask the nerves in my voice.

The principal reiterated, "She'll be singing 'Happier' for the first song."

"Happier? Olivia Rodrigo? Olivia Rodrigo was Y/N's favorite," Yuji chimed in, their observation cutting through the chatter.

As the anticipation grew, the room began to quiet down as Y/N approached the stage, her presence commanding attention.

"Okay, before I begin, I'll be singing 'Happier.' It's 'cause it reminds me of... someone," Y/N announced, her voice carrying a hint of emotion.

"Here goes," she said, taking a deep breath before launching into the song.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

but she's beautiful, she looks kind, she probably gives you butterflies
i hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me
i'm selfish, i know, i can't let you go

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

After Y/N finished singing "Happier," everyone burst into applause. It was one of those moments where you couldn't help but clap and cheer for her.

"Alright, let's move on to the next song," the principal announced, trying to keep the energy high.

Y/N took a breather, a smile spreading across her face as she soaked in the applause. Then, she spoke up again.

"I'll still be singing Paramore's 'Still into You' because, well, you know..." she trailed off, throwing a playful wink to the audience.

As the first chords of the song filled the room, Y/N's voice took center stage once more. It was like she was in her element, singing out the lyrics with so much passion and energy.

The crowd was into it, swaying along and nodding their heads to the beat. It was one of those moments where you felt connected, like everyone was on the same wavelength, just vibing to the music together.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

i should be over all the butterflies but i'm into you, i'm into you. and even baby our worst nights, i'm into you, i'm into you. let 'em wonder how we got this far, 'cause I don't really need to wonder at all. yeah, after all this time i'm still into you

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Alright, let's take a quick break; I'll be back in a sec, luvs," Y/N chuckled as she addressed the audience, her laughter infectious.

With a grin, Y/N made her way down the platform, moving effortlessly among the audience. There was a flutter of excitement in the air as people chatted and laughed during the brief pause in the music.

As she approached the refreshment area, Y/N smiled at others surrounding, her warmth attracting them with ease. She poured herself a drink and chatted with people about her while she took a moment to relax.

Meanwhile, the audience used the chance to catch up with friends and talk on Y/N's performance so far. There was a palpable sense of expectancy in the air as everyone waited for her to return to the stage, ready to carry on the night's celebrations with fresh energy and excitement.