Chapter 2

The next day, Sonic woke up with his two friends as they ate breakfast together and got themselves ready for the second day in their new school.

Sonic went to his class confidently all by himself without the company of his friends. When he arrived, he saw Silver talking with a green hedgehog behind his seat. Sonic looked at them curiously as he went over to his seat as Silver noticed him.

"Morning, Sonic." Silver greeted cheerfully.

"Morning. Who's your friend?" Sonic greeted back before asking.

"This is Scourge. Scourge, this is Sonic." Silver introduced them as Scourge just nodded his greetings while resting his chin on his palm.

"Yeah, I'm not an outgoing person." Scourge said dully.

"Don't worry about that. I'm sure I'll annoy you with my outgoing personality." Sonic grinned at him as Scourge let out a small groan.

As the day started, they began with the most favorite and exciting subject for Sonic, Physical Education or PE for short.

They all went out to the field and started doing warm ups while the teacher wrote some things down on the clipboard that he was carrying before Silver noticed a group of students not far from them.

"Hey, those are our seniors, right?" He asked curiously as he pointed to the other side of the field.

The other two looked to where he was pointing and saw that the senior students were playing volleyball with their teacher as they looked like they were practicing serves.

"So, what if they're our seniors?" Scourge asked as he was stretching his legs as Silver shrugged.

"Nothing. I thought I sensed some dark energy from one of them." Silver replied with a small shudder.

Sonic kept looking at where the seniors were but his eyes stayed on one particular hedgehog with black fur and red streaks. He soon then felt his cheeks heating up a little and his heart started to beat faster than before and he didn't even start running and yet he already felt exhausted. When the hedgehog that Sonic kept staring at threw a serve to their partner on the other side of the net, the partner didn't receive it the right way and the ball was soon flying towards Sonic.

"Watch out!" The shout snapped Sonic out of his thoughts and saw the ball flying towards him.

Sonic then acted fast and caught the ball before it could hit him as he let out a small sigh of relief and was glad that he didn't got hurt. When he looked up again, his heart started to beat even faster as his face was getting red as the hedgehog that he had been admiring jogged up towards him.

"Are you okay?" He asked in concern as Sonic nodded slowly.

"Y-Yes, I'm f-fine." Sonic said before averting his eyes and having the ball back to him but wasn't able to look at him.

"Thanks. Sorry about that." The hedgehog said while Sonic just nodded shyly.

Sonic then heard footsteps and much to his relief the hedgehog walked away as he had never been that nervous in front of someone before and he felt kinda weird, in a good way.

"Fleet, you dork! Use your arm correctly!" The hedgehog yelled as Sonic looked up.

He heard the hedgehog yell at his partner who just laughed but said sorry as the lesson began to start but Sonic just couldn't keep his focus for some reason. After a few hours, lunch time arrived as the gang met up with their friends at the table with Scourge in addition. As the others were all talking and laughing, Sonic was just looking down at his food as he kept thinking about that handsome senior hedgehog from earlier.

"Sonic, you've been looking down at your food and been quiet. What's the matter?" Knuckles then spoke up when he noticed that Sonic was quiet for some reason.

This made Sonic snap out of his thoughts as he then realized that he was still in school before looking up to see that his friends were looking at him curiously.

"I'm just fine. I really am. Don't worry about me-" He was then cut off when he saw the hedgehog from earlier walk past their table and sat down on a table not far from them.

This caused him to blush again and quickly stood up.

"I'm gonna stay in class to, uh, study! Yeah, there's gonna be this test and I really have to study for it, so, see ya!" Sonic said quickly before dashing out of the cafeteria real quick and taking his small carton of milk with him along the way.

"So fast.~" Amy sighs dreamily while daydreaming.

"You guys have a test after this?" Blaze asked Silver as she turned to him but he shook his head.

"No." He simply said as he was confused by Sonic's behavior.