Chapter 5

The next day, the trio left for school and after five hours of lessons, it was finally lunch time and they met up with their friends at the usual table.

"Hey, how was your sleep?" Tails asked curiously.

"It was really good. Silver's bed was so soft." Sonic said with a smile.

As they were all talking and eating their lunch, Sonic almost choked on his food when he saw Shadow walk past him with his friends before Fleetway saw them, especially Scourge and stopped.

"Hi, Scourge!" He called happily.

"Fleetway, let's go." Shadow said before dragging him by the hand while Fleetway kept smiling and staring at Scourge.

"Who's that?" Tails asked in confusion.

"Our seniors and the famous students." Scourge said before taking a bite out of his taco.

"Famous student? Like the popular student? Which one?" Amy asked in surprise as she looked at the four seniors that were on their table.

"The red stripes one." Scourge pointed out.

"So, that golden one, is he your friend?" Blaze asked curiously as she took a sip of her drink.

"Uh, not really. He just became so friendly towards me all of a sudden yesterday." Scourge told her.

"But isn't that cool? You're friends with one of the groups of famous students!" Cream smiled brightly.

"Hmph, maybe." Scourge said with a shrug.

Sonic can't keep his eyes away from Shadow before he stood up and told his friends that he was going to the bathroom. Once he was inside, he let out a sigh and tried to calm down before he could go back. He then stood in front of the sink and stared at himself in the mirror.

"You've gotta stop acting like this." He said to himself.

Once he had calmed down and was ready to go, he then walked towards the door to go back to his group. But just before he could reach the door, it was by Shadow which caused him to stop dead in his tracks and blushed lightly. He wasn't calm anymore.

"Um, can I?" Shadow asked in confusion as he looked at him curiously.

Sonic quickly realized that he was in the way and moved out of the way quickly.

"S-Sorry." He muttered quietly while looking down.

When he saw Shadow go inside one of the stalls, he quickly rushed out and made it back to the group before putting his head on the table and covering his face with his arms.

"Are you okay?" Tails asked him in concern but didn't get an answer.

"Did something happen in the bathroom?" Silver asked but didn't get an answer from him as Sonic was trapped in his own mind.

He didn't ever think that he would get that close to Shadow for a second time. Sonic then looked up to his friends and saw that they were looking at him in concern. He then looked to his right and saw that Shadow was already back and sitting at the table with his friends as some girls followed him and asked for a picture. Shadow just smiled and accepted the offer causing the girls to squeal happily and took pictures with him.

"Sonic, class is starting. Come on." Silver said as Sonic just frowned slightly at the sight and nodded.

He felt a little jealous when the girls were getting close to Shadow but he pushed his jealousy aside and followed his friends. The day finally came to an end and the trio walked out of the school but someone called to them.