Chapter 18

~~~~Sonic finally made it home and let out a sigh

~~~~
Sonic finally made it home and let out a sigh. Tails came out and saw him before greeting him with a hug and he hugged back but Tails could see the frown and sadness in his eyes.

"Why are you so sad?" Tails asked curiously and in concern.

"It's Shadow. He looked really mad at the cay from this morning and Scourge was beaten up yesterday by the same cat too and now he's too unwell to even go to school." Sonic explained as he and Tails went to the couch.

"Hey, Shadow has his three friends to back him up. So there's no need for you to worry about that and I believe that your friend is strong too. So it won't take him that long to get better." Tails reassured him and Sonic smiled at that.

"Thanks, Tails. But I'm still worried about Shadow. He hasn't even smiled for a while even though I'm with him." He sighed but that instantly gave away his and Shadow's secret unknowingly.

Tails looked at him in confusion. What did he mean by that? But after putting two and two together, it didn't take a genius to know what he meant and it made Tails smirk. Oh he's so gonna tease Sonic!

Sonic stared at him before blushing almost immediately once he realized what he accidentally revealed unknowingly.

"So does that mean that he always smiles when you're around?" Tails asked before squealing.

"That's so sweet! You better tell him that you love him!" Tails squealed which made Sonic blushed even more.

"T-Tails, I don't need to tell him that! We're already a-" Sonic started but quickly covered his mouth with his hands while turning an even brighter shade of red.

Tails smirked even more and Sonic kept repeating the word 'no' in his mind over and over again.

"Are you-" Tails started.

"No!" Sonic denied with a squeak of embarrassment but Tails didn't let up.

"And Shadow-"

"Tails!" Sonic cried out to make him stop.

"Dating?!" Tails finished with a grin.

This just made Sonic even more red and he just grabbed the cushion of the couch and covered his face with it as pink steam came out of his head. This made Tails laugh softly as he saw Sonic's red face.

"I knew it! Why didn't you tell me?" Tails asked curiously as Sonic lowered the cushion to his chest and hugged it.

"Shadow said that we need to keep it a secret from everyone and I failed." Sonic whined as he covered his face with the cushion.

Tails put a reassuring hand on his shoulder and smiled at him.

"Hey, don't worry. I can always keep a secret. I won't tell this to anyone and you don't have to tell this to Shadow. Knuckles is at the gym today so he won't know about this." Tails reassured him as Sonic sighed softly.