Chapter 3

After school, Sonic was in his room as he let out a small sigh since he just doesn't know why he suddenly got attracted to the black hedgehog earlier at school. He heard his door burst open suddenly and it made him fall off his bed in surprise.

"If you want me to stop kicking your door open, then tell me why you are feeling down!" Knuckles exclaimed as it was a harmless threat.

Tails was behind the red echidna while facepalming while Sonic got up from the floor and groaned softly before he laid back down on the bed and let out a small whine.

"Persuade me however you like, I'm not gonna talk." Sonic said stubbornly.

"Then I'll start smashing your stuff!" Knuckles exclaimed again with a fist only to get a smack from the back of his head from Tails.

"What is wrong with you and breaking stuff? That isn't going to work." Tails questioned before he went inside and sat down on Sonic's bed and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Did someone bully you?" He started to ask.

"No. I'm just feeling weird." Sonic admitted.

"Weird about what? Is it Amy?" Tails asked curiously but Sonic just shook his head.

"No. I think I might have a crush on someone but if I tell you two, you might tease me." Sonic told them.

Both Tails and Knuckles look at each other for a moment before looking back at Sonic again as Tails just smiled and pulled him up until he was facing them.

"That's actually cute, you know, and we promise that we won't tease you. So who is it?" Tails said before asking curiously.

Sonic then looks towards Knuckles to see that he was also curious before letting out a sigh and starts to blush when he thinks of the senior hedgehog again.

"I-I'm having a crush on our senior and he's a guy." Sonic finally admitted.

The whole room instantly became silent for almost a full minute before Tails chuckled lightly and pats his shoulder.

"You're unique." He said as this made Sonic blush more.

"Well, I don't see that as a problem but why are you feeling down about that?" He then asked as Sonic fiddled with his thumbs nervously.

"I just feel weird about that because, you know, boys." Sonic said as Knuckles just shrugged.

"Sonic, when we were at Junior High, two guys actually asked me out." Knuckles told him casually as Sonic was shocked by that since he never knew about that from Knuckles.

"But we didn't last for that long so it's no bother that you like guys." Knuckles said with a smile.

Sonic felt relief and let out a sigh as he smiled at the two and nodded.

"Thanks, guys. I'm feeling much better now. I really thought that I was the weird one here, but why didn't you tell me before?" Sonic then asked as Knuckles just shrugged.

"Eh, I thought that no one really cared about my relationship." Knuckles admitted with a roll of his eyes.

"Well then, let's go and have dinner together and then you can tell us how you met him!" Tails said excitedly while dragging Sonic with him who let out a yelp of surprise as Knuckles let out a laugh at how curious Tails is about Sonic's crush and followed them downstairs.

The next day, Sonic was in class with Scourge and Silver as they then received an announcement that their teacher won't be able to attend class today due to a sickness so they really don't have anything else to do for the next subject except doing their assignment that was due after school.

"Hey, guys." Silver called as the two looked at him.

"Yeah?" Sonic asked.

"My parents are going away on a business trip tomorrow and I'm a coward all by myself. Would you two mind staying with me? It's for a week." Silver said as he looked at them hopefully.

"Sure. I don't have anything else to do." Scourge said with a shrug as Silver smiled.

"Thanks. What about you, Sonic?" He then asked as he turned to the blue hedgehog as he nodded.

"I'd love to. I just gotta tell Tails and Knuckles about it." Sonic said as it made Silver happy.

When it was lunch time, they told their friends that they were going to the library to do some research about their assignment.

They then sat down on a table and started studying together as it was really quiet between them since they're focused on their study before Silver broke the silence.

"Someone asked me out yesterday." Silver said as this caused both Scourge and Sonic to look at him in shock.

"Who?" Sonic asked quietly since they were in a library.

"Her name was Dalia, she's from another class. She said that she has been following me ever since we started our first day but I rejected her." Silver said while writing something down in his notebook.

"Is it because you really don't know her?" Scourge guessed as Silver nodded.

"That and that I also don't love her back." Silver said as he looked at the two.

"Wow. First day and you're already popular." Sonic said with a teasing tone and caused Silver to blush.

"S-Shut up. I'm not that popular." Silver said nervously.

"Who knows. Maybe your popularity will spread around the whole school and you become the most popular student ever!" Sonic cheered happily as Scourge quickly shushed him.

"Quiet down, Sonic, and also this school already has the most popular student." Scourge said as he read his book.

"Really? Who?" Sonic asked curiously.

"Well, all I heard was that his name is Shadow and he's a senior student. He's really popular with both guys and gals." Scourge told him as Sonic was amazed by that.

Maybe one-day, he'll become the next popular student after this Shadow guy graduates.

"Well, whoever he is, I'm more awesome than he is." Sonic grinned.

"Ah-choo!" Shadow, the black the hedgehog that Sonic's been admiring, suddenly let out a sneeze.

"Catching a cold this time?" A sassy female voice asked who was owned by a female bat named Rouge as she handed him a tissue.

"Probably someone is talking about me again. This is not the first time I sneezed at school, you know." He said as he wiped his nose with the tissue Rouge gave him.

"Could you sneeze one more time? I have to record a video of you and upload it to our school blog." Fleetway, a floating golden hedgehog, snickered.

"Uh, why?" Mephiles, a hedgehog look-alike of Shadow but has greenish strikes, asked in confusion.

"So everyone could see! I'm sure it'll make the girls in school scream." Fleetway said with a grin.

"Can you please stop?" Shadow asked with a sigh.

The four of them soon walked inside the library and passed by a blue hedgehog who suddenly went stiff. Sonic, once again, tensed when he saw the black hedgehog but he still doesn't know that he was the most popular student in the school.