MariChat

Valentine’s Day Special

MariChat

A knock was sounded through her otherwise silent room interrupting the young girls thought process. She looked toward the source of the noise, her eyes landing on a familiar black figure with bright green eyes as he grinned at her as their eye met. She quickly scurried up to her loft bed to let the boy in. He gracefully entered her room, making sure to keep his paws off her duvet by landing on his knees, not wanting to get anything on her bed. The cat boys’ hands were hidden from view behind his back.

“What do you have Chat?” Marinette questioned amused which furthered as the teen blushed a light pink, a hand coming to scratch the nape of his neck in embarrassment and a nervous look crossed his features.

“Princess…uh…would you…umm…can you…” Chat stumbled over his words obviously not sure how to put his thoughts into sentences, groaning and sliding a clawed hand down his face, his head tilted down suddenly finding her blanket interesting.

Marinette let a soft smile grace her face as she looked at the blonde on her loft that had his hair hanging in front of his face, a steady pink growing deeper on his cheeks, something hidden behind his back, and his discomfort clear as day when he was usually so confident in himself with their usual flirting and banter. Marinette descended the ladder to her loft and headed to her closet, opening it, and started searching for something. Chat Noir took the chance to climb down himself and instead stood awkwardly below the bed waiting for her to finish. She gave a victorious hum when she found what she was looking for and bounced toward him, clearly excited, with her hands hidden behind her back and a huge smile on her face.

“Happy Valentine’s Day kitty!” Marinette enthusiastically exclaimed as she thrust his gift in front of her into his open hand.

Chat looked surprised at the gift handed to him. It was wrapped in black paper with little emerald green paws over it with a matching green bow neatly tied around it, standing proudly in the middle. A little tag hung from the bow saying ‘To Kitty Chat Love Marinette’ her I dotted with a heart, doodles of little paw prints decorating the tag.

“You didn’t have to get me anything Princess,” Chat informed her in a soft voice, staring at the resent in awe.

“I wanted to so open it silly kitty,” Marinette gently pushed the gift in his hands closer to him.

Chat nodded before suddenly remembering his own gift for her. He immediately perked up, his ears straightening at the top of his head as a goofy smile suddenly stole presence on his face.

“I got you something to my dear purrincess,” Chat Noir bowed and presented her with a banquet of pink Mondial roses tied with a French rose-colored bow along with a baby pink wrapped gift with little white polka dots covering it.

Marinette’s smile grew wider if that was possible as she gently took the offering. She smiled softly down at it as if it were the most precious thing in the world. Both teens opened their respective gifts slowly, savoring the moment and stealing glances at each other.

The cat themed hero gasped as he saw what the gift contained. Inside was a Ladybug themed scarf wrapped around a box, the lid was red with black dots but the body was black, and after carefully prying the lid off of it, found it to be filled with his favorite type of croissants and heart shaped macarons of all different flavors. Written on a sticky note atop the pastry box was a little heart written in neat cursive ‘Happy Valentines ma chaton’. The black cats eyes teared up as he looked up at the bluenette in front of him.

“Thank you ma princesse,” Chat managed to whisper out, emotions clogging his throat. He stopped himself from hugging her, only because of the gift she hadn’t finished opening yet.

Marinette inclined her head before looking down at her own gift and finished gently tearing the paper off to reveal a cat head shaped plushy. It had shamrock green eyes with a cute little black button nose. The fabric of the head was a few shades of black lighter than the nose and a little marigold colored circle sat at its throat. It was poorly done. The stitching was slightly off, and the eyes weren’t proportionate, the nose not centered, and the little ears stuck on were too far on the sides of its head. Marinette felt tears well up in her eyes as she looked down at the obviously handmade gift. Chat obviously didn’t get why she was tearing up and assumed she was upset.

“Oh, princess don’t cry! I’m so sorry, I just know you love sewing and designing and your gifts are all handmade which makes them even more special, so I just wanted to make you something nice, but I don’t really know how to sew and it all just sort of…” Chat’s rambling was cut off by something warm suddenly placed on his lips. Chat’s tail stood straight, his back slightly curved, and his ears totally pointed up in surprise. He could have sworn even his hair proofed up like a real cat. He focused on the sudden warmth and found his bluenette friend standing on her tiptoes kissing him. Kissing HIM! And suddenly the warmth was gone.

“I love it thank you Chat,” Marinette smiled warmly up at the superhero.

Chat stood shocked for a second more before smiling softly at his short friend.

“Happy Valentines Marinette.”

“Happy Valentines Chat.”

--------------------------------------------
Day 2 of my Valentine's challenge.
Look at that, I'm finally on time. Let's see how long that lasts lol
What ship should I do for tomorrow? I think I have an idea for Damianette but inspiration is needed. Thanks for reading! 💕