the preaditor becomes the prey

I catch up enough to the dragons that I was only about a hour behind them close enough to not lose them but far enough that they wouldn't see or smell me following. But apparently the gods didn't want me to show myself or attack too soon as I was struck by a great storm and had to be forced to land or I would be in more danger if I flew, I was grounded for another full day and I wore a human and dragon lines into the dirt from my packing back and forth with nerves due to waiting, I've flown in storms before and it's easy to get turned around easily makeing it hard to find what direction you going let alone going where your supposed to.

Once the rain let up Enough i shot into the sky so fast, quickly picking up the scent trail easily though slightly more faint from the heavy rain, I flew fast and sure not faltering in any beat of my wings or turn of my body. Something settled into the pit of my stomach hard and cold like I've eaten a solid rock, tr sent got stronger and I could smell outher dragons as well as I got closer to the village I could see some dragons fighting in the air about four two with riders themselves, I couldn't worry about the riders my aim was the two dragons attacking a rider on a black dragon I spead up as fast as I could my anger growing as I speed closer and I feel myself puff up almost as well I dive my claws out as I get closer ready to snatch the death grippers and make them pay.

Something happened when I got close enough to the dragons, my anger at them and what they have done, the fear of losing my family again, and the determination to finish the fight that was started started to boil over and grow. A smoky shadow started to come off of my skin a harsh pure white lightning following behind it looked like something I've never seen before, I was right above them and hiccup was on toothless I could see that now a white night fury under Grimmel, I scream a roar coming loud, strong, and angry makeing the riders and dragons look up as I lunge making contact with the two death grippers one in each paw claws digging into them, thankfully hiccup moved enough out of the way for me to not hit him, I take them a bit farther away from Grimmel and deal with them myself.

I let them go and we fight, they split peicklg and start to try and claw me but I move quickly batting the claws away with my own, the second takes that opportunity and goes for my wings covers in shadow and lightning something shifts in me lashing out and a streak of white lightning runs over my body and hits the deathgripper their eyes go dull and it suddenly falls down into the ocean below, the last one quickly jumps me and soon we are turning in the sky gripping and slashing each outher trying to get the upper hand a claw comes close to my throat and I jerk away my own claws reaching out, we were both snarling and growling loud terrifying sounds soon we fly apart scratches and blood all over the both of us, breathing heavily I feel my power grow again but this time the black smoke comeing off of me reacts it seems to be I don't break eye contact with the deathgripper across from me as the smoke surrounds us like a storm cloud us at the center small streaks of lighting comeing off my body and around the cloud, I can see the cloud around us and the deathgripper as well but they don't see me I take my chance giveing a mighty roar as I charge my claws digging into the scales of the dragon my teeth wrapped around their throat, killing the evil dragon as an act of mercy from the control of Grimmel.

I let the body fall into the ocean and start to calm down a bit the smoke and lightning still around my body but not as violent as it was before, I look over to check on hiccup and he outhers but it seems the fight was allready won. The army of dragons that Grimmel once had under his control now free, I quickly fly to the small hill where the villagers and hiccup have gathered lading as softly as I can thankfully my wings were not injured in the harsh fight. I'm shakeing with joy at seeing everyone alive and I'm so happy, I realize I have my bag and staff still around my foot and sickly take off behind a nearby hut not caring about any of the villagers at this point I quickly shift and change into my clothes grabbing my staff and running out from behind the hut I could hear the gasps and shouts of surprise as I ran out looking for eret and nearly tackling him when I do. Valka and hiccup wait for us on the side to be done. When I pull away from etet he looks at me in school his hand going to the side of my face where the scars from the death gripper resides,