Run

Edited oct10/2021

I wake up still in my dragon form, it's the afternoon of what looks like the next day and it's getting darker. I need more food I have to re-stock roughly every few days because I only take what I need. Deciding that it's best if I wait until dark to actually go out I snuffle though my human bag with my nose and find the last bits of bread that I've been saving and eat the last few bits. Darkness falls and I make my way out of the cave it's harder to find food in the village this time and I make more noise then I want too walking through the village waking some of the dragons, though once they see me they turn a blind eye. My healing might be faster then a human but that wound is very deep and I'm trying my best not to get it infected by trying to take baths in the stream nearby but my wound slows me down. My days repeat after that for a few days and it doesn't help that the stench of blood in my cave attracts some wolves, getting more cuts and wounds from that encounter. They even did some damage to my wings so there's no way I will be flying anytime soon without the threat of them ripping completely. These however are not my first scars, and if you look closely you can see that my dragon body is covered in them my human body there is scars but less so and most of them are smaller.

One night as I was eating from the center feeder in the middle of town I try and avoid it because then I'm surrounded by houses but sometimes a girls just gotta eat, my ear perks up a little as I hear soft voices coming from a path ahead of me slinking down further so I'm hidden behind the contraption in front of me I pause in my eating to listen.

"I'm telling you guys there is somebody or something stealing from the village! snotlout said an old blanket of his went missing a couple days ago, and gobber said his favorite bucket was taken the other night, and our fish reserves are lower in the morning then the afternoon when we restock it, i mean come on there has to be somebody behind this"

"Yah but this is stupid I mean come on who would be dumb enough to steal from a village with dragons?!"

"SHHH keep your voice low we don't know if anyone is out here"

There's a really thin guy whose talking to two girls and three other guys who keep walking, they are all about the same age but definitely younger then me. I make myself as small as I can by pressing my huge bodily low to the ground and use the shadow of the feeder contraption to my advantage trying to be as quiet as I can. They start to turn down another path and I see a black dragon following, oh so you got a night fury heh? The night fury stops and looks around, before making a sound that make the others stop.

"Toothless? What is it bud?"

He looks over to where I am and I duck lower probably a little to slow because he sees me or at least part of me.
Why In the Norns did they have to have a dragon with them? I can hear them get closer but it sounds like only the people are coming foreword I can hear the sounds of weapons being drawn and I realize I'm going to have to book it soon and fast.

" hey! we all know your over there so come out and we can talk about this."

I pause a moment of silence before I realize they don't know I'm a dragon and I'm still too injured to turn into a human....crap.

"Ok you don't want to come out then that's fine just let us see your face"

I can hear toothless? Their dragon begging for his friend to come back. I can't show myself, the last people I trusted besides my mother betrayed me and it nearly cost me my life because of it. Taking a deep breath through my nose I get ready to run in 5.

"come on we won't hurt you"
4..
" toothless come here bud....."
3...
"Toothless stop pulling me back!"
2....
"What has gotten into you bud?"
1!
I jump up blasting a fire ball in their general direction getting shouts in shock, before flapping my wings and running clumsily towards the wood line I get into the woods hearing them close behind me, I try to zig-zag through the trees to loose them. they stay on my trail for a couple more hours as I create random patterns and directions through the forest until I think I've finally lost them. I lumber back to my cave doubling back a few times so they don't know where I live. As I enter the sun is starting to rise and I fall asleep fast, awoken later in the day to voices outside my cave and I pray that they don't figure out I'm down here.