Meh

Edited oct10/2021

The next day i awoke in the afternoon and not hearing anyone out side I assume that they have moved on either back to the village or to continue searching for me I try and peer through the hole without showing myself but I can't exactly see if they are there, so I stick my nose out and sniff I don't smell the Humans or their dragons anywhere near here but I do smell some thing delicious, snuffling some more I smell at least some kind of meat with a...... hint of ocean and that only means one thing, fish! I pop the front of my head out and see a small pile of fish near the entrance. I freeze. Are they baiting me? trying to capture me? there is no way I'm trusting the food, I can't just because they have dragons doesn't mean that I'm safe, And that I can show myself, I shouldn't I nearly died last time I trusted someone like that, I've lost people I loved because I trusted someone I didn't know Never again.

growling at the woods in suspicion I retreat back into my cave, I still have left overs from last night so I'll just eat those. I check out my wounds the One on my abdomen is almost fully healed but the ones on my wings are a different story, if I fly they tear more making me unable to fly, but they cant properly heal without being stitched or have some kind of sap to stick one side to the other and I have enough cuts where it would take months to heal and I won't be able to change into a human for at least a few more weeks. I know the kids that were here probably know how to heal wings and I mean their dragons look alright, maybe if I talk to their alpha I can ask what it's like? I think Toothless is their alpha but I'd have to see. A shuffling sound from outside breaks me out from my thought realizing i've been sitting here for two hours blankly watching a wall thinking, I turn and look at the entrance to my cave, before walking slowly over. I can hear the voices of two people, hiccup and a older woman what I'm assuming is his mother, I think they are talking about me.

"Mom I swear I've never seen a dragon look like this! Or even act like it either it's amazing, it basically glowed in some spots but in different colors like the stars! It was pitch black and had these marking unlike any other dragon I've seen. And then last night it seemed like it was watching over us for some reason but the food.. THE FOOD we left it here as a thank you but it's still here! And and-"

"calm down hiccup, I know it's exciting that you have found a new species but you have to be patient about this, the dragon is probably nervous about trusting us and we don't know anything about it either it could be dangerous let's just camp here for the night and wait and see what they do, we cannot rush something as delicate as this"

I like this woman she's smart, and their is some truth to her words after I left home I've mostly been alone and the people I have trusted nearly kill me, have killed people I love in the end or betray me so I've learned to stay weary, maybe if Toothless is with him I can talk to him about how he is treated. So I sit and wait listening to them talk an eventually fall sleep as their breathing slows down, I wait about an hour before I peer out again looking at the camp fire I see that Toothless is still awake and he is surprised to see me that's for sure looking at me in shock before turning away and acting as though I'm not there. realizing that the pile of fish is still there I reach one of my arms out and grab some putting them in my cave before peeking out again. Looking at Toothless I realize that he's far enough away to not be able to hear me so I have to get out of the safety of my cave just to talk to him, I guess I could use a bath too but that's fine. Looking at the to humans I make sure they're sleep before I crawl out fully of my cave Toothless hears me and looks up in shock swing me fully for the first time.

Walking over to him and sitting near enough for him to hear me but far enough away as well I start up a conversation. Whispering i ask

" hello child, I have some questions I would hope you can answer"

A Dragon language is difficult to understand and even more difficult to learn,  it's not all grunting and barks and normal sounds a dragon makes, some words are silent and some are chirps like a bird. All dragons call younger ones child rather they are a friends child or a strangers and all older dragons are called elders because we do not last long anymore due to hunting.

" I will try my best elder but I cannot guarantee my answers will please you"

Nodding I continue

"How does your human treat you child? I do see you have no tail wing but a contraption on you and your back are you being held hostage?"

Toothless looks taken aback as that thought of being caged occurs before answering,

" oh no elder my human hiccup and I are like nest mates we found each other and we have helped each other, he has made me this tail so I can fly with his aid and we have brought peace in the village between humans and our kind"

Nodding I ask one more question.

" do you trust him? and this village with your life alpha? I have been betrayed by humans and hunted and wounded by them nearly killing me in the process many times so how can you trust so easily?"

Looking at hiccup curled beside the fire he answers not taking his eyes off of him.

" I would trust him with my life. the villagers respect both of us and will not harm any dragon intentionally. It was very hard to trust the humans and trust does not come easily it is only earned. he has earned my trust many times and I his, I think you should give this village and it's humans a chance elder, they might surprise you."

I nod slowly before looking at hiccup and his mother.

" make them stay another night child, I will appear shortly after sunset, I will give these humans a chance but if you are wrong child be warned, I will not harm your friend but the village I can not speak for"

He nods.

" I understand even though I am alpha if it has a good reasoning I will let you, but there must me no humans killed. should that happen I will command you to leave"

I nod once and leave to take a bath, when I get back Toothless is sleeping and the fire is low, I repeat the same process as the night before, taking wood from the side and re-flame the fire, it is starting to get colder in the nights these days.