" oh um.. hello-"

As the week continued I was getting used to being around so many people and being a human at the same time, Eret and I talked a lot more and we caught up on whats been hapining and what we've missed, I've been meeting people in the village and helping out with the dragon healers some cases they call me in because they don't know why the dragon is sick or how to heal them. As of now I was on my way to the dragon healers, they called because one of the dragons is sick and it's very hostile so they can't get a good look at her.

The dragon infermery was big in size in order to help any and all dragons, most of them who could be healed fast and only has small cuts were usually met outside and the more unhealthy ones or the ones that were going to take longer to heal were kept in paddocks inside for their safety and ours, the paddock are not cages, just temporary holding areas where the dragons can heal for the time being. The dress that I recently bought in the market a nice purple dress with some trousers underneath because the harvest season is arriving soon. I get a pay for my help in the village though sometimes people trade I help them with their dragons and they give me whatever's to spare, one of the men was nervous his young dragon wasn't likening him and when I assured him that she does she just wants to tease him every now and then he was so great full he brought me one of his young goats! I told him that he should take care of it for me since I do not have the room, and in return he or his family can ask me any questions about their dragons.

" Ah alayah, thank the Norns your here,we need your help, Gertrude the grey is helping frode with the birth of her child in the village and I only have two outher healers who only do regular villagers and not dragons!"
" calm down Trygve, I'm here now, come now let's start with the easy heals and get them out of the way so we can focus on the ones who might need our attention longer later."

Today has been the busiest day so far, I don't know what happens we had a lot of minor injuries more then normal and the ones that were more severe me and trygve worked on together, we covered more ground with the smaller cuts if we worked on different dragons, I had tied my hair up in the morning but the bustle of the the day had made it loose some strand falling out here and there, her and trygve were working on a hoblegrunt who had a tussle with another dragon and got quite a few scrapes.
"Ahem, um trygve? I need yer to look at grump for a minute, he seems sick"
" im a bit buisy rn gobbler um, alayah? Can you go help grump and gobber? I can finish this one up she almost done anyways"
" yes, I can here's the herb paste I was useing"

Standing from behind the hoblegrunt I make my way over to gobber who I haven't actually met as me. I give him a smile and pet grump his dragon laughing a bit as grump loved it.

" hello, I'm sorry I don't think we've actually met before, I'm Alayah, and you must be Gobber and grump I presume?"
" oh-um yes I'm-I'm grump-um no! Gobber, ahem my names Gobber,"
" haha, so what seems to be the problem with this handsome dragon?"
" oh he seems sick, I- I'm not really sure what 'e got Imself into but I don't think it sat right, I should know how that feels, hahaha!"
" oh, haha, well then I'll give him a normal check before I start talking to him see if I can narrow it down any, hmm."

I give the usual dragon check feet, wings, scales, mouth, nose and anything else but he seems completely healthy on the outside a slight staining on his tung and the fact he didn't like me touching his mouth letting me know he did eat something, Now to see what grump says.

'Hello grump, can you tell me what you ate that made you sick? '
' the bad flowers by the river, they had honey dripping off of them and looked soo good elder, I had to taste them'
' I understand grump, wait here I'm going to show you some drawings and if you can can you tell me what plant you are?'
'Yes elder I can try'

Standing I run to the shelf filled with plant journals, I narrow it down because he said it was in the forest and by the river, grabbing the journal I run back Gobber sitting on the small stool nearby watching,

" ok grump what color was this flower?"
" a light red? I think you call it pink?"
" ok that narrows it down some more, ok so there's this one? No. Ok how about this one? Nah, oh ok this one seems like it might be it?"
" yeah that's the one, my tung hurts like it had mad honey."
" yeah don't worry it should pass I'll give you something for your mouth and don't eat anymore unknown plants ok? I mean it! If you ate something really bad you could've died you lucky this one can't kill you grump. Now is there anything you want me to tell Gobber before I'm done?"
" yes, can you please tell him that he's doing a really good job? And try to stop make me eat that gross thing he keeps trying to make? It's not good."
" haha don't worry grump I will, you can go and lay down in one of the open stalls for a bit untill I get everything set up."

Standing up I watch as he lubbers over to the nearest stall before making my way over to Gobber.

" good news, he just ate the wrong plant and should be fine in a few days, he didn't eat a lot of it but said his mouth was irritated so I'll make a quick salve for that, just put it on in the morning and before you go to bed and he should be completely fine Gobber, "
" thank ye so much Alayah, I dun know what I would do without me bud grump."
" I can see you really care for him Gobber, well I asked grump if he wanted me to tell you anything and he said, ' your doing a really good job so stop worrying and stop trying to feed him the gross thing you try to make? I don't know what he's talking about but he said it's not good "
" oh Odin- I've been trying this new recipe that I found in me mums book I wanted to try er I guess I don't got it right yet haha."
" haha yeah, you'll figure it out though Gobber I'm positive, if you need any help with it I can see what I can figure out if you want."
" that'll be much appreciated Alayah"
" oh yes we'll I'll go make the salve for grump quickly um you can go and wait by him if you want or not it's up to you- I'll just- I'll be back in a bit"

I walk away suddenly nervous and feeling a little red in the face. I quickly place the journal back and get to work on the salve taking a little longer then normal to be positive that it's right. Smiling I place it into two jars and wrap some cloth and cords on the top so they don't spill, making my way back to Gobber and grump I smile at Gobber.

"Ok so here's the salve for his mouth, do you know how to put it on..... or do you want me to show you?"
" can you show me? I've never done this"
" of course ok grump, open up bud."

I take one of the kids off and kneel down, taking a handful of the salve I rip it onto his young and roof of his mouth, catching the sides of his mouth also.

" so you don't need a lot but if he still has some irritation you can always just come down and ask me for another batch, just make sure his tung is all covered and the roof of his moth because that's were the plant was most, if you have any extra you can just get the inside of his cheeks like this. Just do this in the morning after breakfast for both of you and after dinner or before you sleep And that's that."
" oh well thank you again Alayah, I don know what we would've done without you,"
" don't worry about it Gobber it's no problem, and let me know how that recipe goes and if you need anything, I'll be happy to help you with anything,"
" oh well I will remember your offer Alayah, I usually work on it later at night, don't have much time to do anything but work in the forge these days, but we get by don't we grump?"

I smile and they both leave and I notice that it's quite late and I take the pause to go and walk around all the dragons eating my second breakfast and maybe quietly talking to a few of the cave residents. I pass a small cave with a child inside-a dragon child that is, he looks scared and spits fire at me form the corner of his cave.

" oh hush child I mean no harm, I am just visiting, would you like something to eat, I usually have a spare fish for work but I guess you can have it, here eat there's no reason for a child to go hungry here."

I toss the fish back and he says nothing as he looks at me skeptically before crawling forward and grabbing it and taking it back to his corner. I smile and stand exiting the cave so he can eat in peace.

(I do have the rest of this story plotted out and it can always be longer, after this it may become a series with some crossovers - thank you for reading anneanonymouse)