First impression

Edited oct11/2021

I watched them for a bit longer, until they lay down and it's silent, toothless making sure that they don't fall asleep completely, I softly crawl out of my cave making sure to walk right between hiccup and his mother heading to the lake. I do my normal routine and see that my wounds have healed well but my wings are very slow in healing. Hearing a wolf howling about a mile away I think nothing about it and start to walk back that is until I hear toothless growling, realization hits me and I start running back to the camp. Slowing down as I get closer I realize that they are being backed up against the mountain side near my cave, thinking fast i run out in front of them Letting out a loud roar, spitting fire, growling, and chasing the pack out of the camp.

I turn around and look at hiccup and his mom, and instinctively I crouch down in fear. softly hiccup speaks calming words and inches closer

"hey it's ok we don't want to hurt you"

Once he gets close enough he reaches out a hand I hesitate looking over to toothless and seeing his encouraging look I sniff his hand getting a whiff of dragons, ink and leather. I reach my nose into his hand feeling his soul and calming down at the peace and kindness it emitted. Letting my muscles relax I purr softly, his mom comes over to inspect me and I eye her warily. Gently she touches me on my shoulder and softly gasps, soon looking at my wings noticing the healing tears, petting me softly on the side as she coos.

" oh dear you poor thing, can't fly without risking loosing it forever, fairly old, older then me by some years hiccup, she's healthy enough lots of scars though a type of night fury by the looks of it."

"She?"

"Yes hiccup this very rare dragon is a female"

Nodding he looks at me and I smile not showing my teeth because that can be seen as a threat.

" ok so now that we met her we should stay the night here and leave tomorrow morning to head back to the village, and since she can't fly without damaging her wings farther we have to walk"

His mom nods and gets ready for bed as does hiccup and toothless, I make a fire circle closest to toothless and farthest away from hiccup and his mom and lay down slowly drifting to sleep.

Hearing some rustling and the smell of fish I wake up groggily looking around I see that hiccup is packing his stuff and putting it onto toothless and his mom is cooking breakfast.
After they get ready hiccup climbs onto toothless and valka onto cloud jumper (I learned their names last night via toothless) we make the treck back, taking most of the morning and us getting there around high noon. I stayed behind them trying to make myself smaller my nerves getting to me Toothless looks at me with a silent question and I assure the young one that I'm alright with a coo.

We arrive and people start congregating around us hiccup and his mother get off their dragons and I stand behind cloud-jumper. Hiccup shoos everyone away asking someone to round up his friends and meet in the great hall for a meeting, we take a path that's less crowded towards what I assume is the great hall, a giant cave carved into the side of the mountain giant oak doors with carvings of the Norse gods, Thor and Loki along with Odin and his wife frigg. We were the only people there when we entered and I split off from the group looking around, the smell in here was...interesting a mix of wood, old meat, sweat and dragons mixed together in a unsavory smell. I loop around the giant room eventually ending up back at the entrance.

While scoping the room I realized they the group of people I saw the night I was stealing fish and had to make a get away, they was here and talking to hiccup, making my way closer sneaking up behind them their dragons nowhere in sight. Hiccup seeing me kept talking until I got into my position behind the group I rise to my full height standing a big  40 ft and 7in standing (50 if you include the tail) around the size of an young ancient dragon, the dragons that were with the riders did nothing when they appeared as toothless said not to give anything away to them, ending up waiting on the side of the room. i stood behind four of them with my size a chubby boy with wisps of a mustache, a girl with who looks like the boy next to her and a particularly burly boy with no humbleness the way he was taking.
soon hiccup sas the thing i wanted to hear,