Chapter 1

"Ugh, finally. It felt like that practice went on forever!" Oikawa sighed, rubbing the sweat from his face. Iwaizumi rolled his eyes as he took a sip of his water bottle.

"You say that every practice, shittykawa." Iwaizumi said earning a glare from his friend before his captain.

"Whatever you say Iwa-Chan, I'm off so make sure you pack it up!" Oikawa stated as he picked up his gym bag from the bench and walked towards the exit of the gym. He walked into the parking lot, looking down at his phone laughing at something he saw on twitter before his body bumped into what felt like a hallow piece of wood. He looked up, utter confusion spreading on his face before he found a boy with interesting hair and a guitar strapped to his back.

"Oh, sorry about that!" Oikawa chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck as he laughed at the situation. He expected a response from the boy, yet he didn't get one. He opened his eyes, letting out a noise of surprise as he didn't find anyone in front of him. He looked to his left, finding the boy walking away from him as if nothing had happened.

"Hey! Wait up a second!" Oikawa exclaimed, jogging up to him. The boy didn't stop, or speed up for that matter, he just kept his speed as he walked. Oikawa finally reached him, looking to the boy of the same height. His face hadn't changed, just the blank expression that he had seen a few moments ago.

"Hello? Are you okay?" Oikawa asked, waving his hand in front of his face, finally getting his attention. He seemingly snapped out of his trance as he looked at the brunette, a small smile forming on his face.

"Oh. Do you know where the office is?" The boy simply asked causing Oikawa to furrow his eyebrows, tilting his head at the boy. Had he been completely out of it that whole time? Was he some type of psycho, maybe he had broken out of some asylum or something?

"Uh, sure. I'll walk you there." Oikawa said causing the boy to simply nod, letting out a soft 'kay. The two boys walked down the hallway, Oikawa keeping his head high and smiling at the people passing him while the unknown boy kept his head down, seemingly watching his feet to make sure he wouldn't trip.

"So... What's your name?" Oikawa asked, blowing air from his nose after his question. Why did he have to be the one to run into the psycho? He could be home by now, his mother was making his favorite for dinner tonight.

"Sora." Sora simply mumbled causing Oikawa to raise an eyebrow, looking at the boys face that was still pointed at the ground. There was nothing wrong with him physically that he could tell, it had to be something inside of him then. Oikawa figured he'd just play it safe and be kind to the boy.

"Toru Oikawa, nice to meet you." Oikawa said, earning a small nod from Sora.

"So uh, you play guitar then?" Oikawa asked, earning another nod.

"Are you new?" He asked, once again, earning a nod.

"Are you even listening?" Oikawa asked, lightly scoffing after the question. Sora finally raised his head to look at the volleyball captain. He gave him a questioning look.

Don't you do it... don't you nod agai-

Sora nodded causing Oikawa's eyes to widen before scoffing again and facing forwards. Sato raised an eyebrow, had he upset the boy? He hadn't said anything but his name.

"Well, we're here. I suppose I'll be seeing you around," Sora gave Oikawa a small smile before raising his head and giving him a small pat on the head. Oikawa cocked his head back, a confused look contorted onto his face.

"Thank you, bye-bye, Toru." Sara said, bowing his head slightly before walking into the office, seemingly to be given all of his paperwork. Oikawa tilted his head at the interesting boy. Maybe he hadn't been as insane as he had once thought.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

It had been almost a week since Oikawa had his encounter with the new student and he hadn't forgotten it. For the first few days he looked around the school to find Sora but he couldn't anywhere. Had he dreamed the encounter? He couldn't understand where he could've gone.

It was a Friday which made Oikawa extremely happy, he had two days of nothing but practice planned and was very much so looking forward to it, but to get to it he needed to get through the rest of the day. He yawned as he walked down the path towards the gym where he spent most of his lunch periods.

The volleyball captain glanced to the bench area near the garden that one of the classes planted, finding a familiar puff of brown and blonde hair. Oikawa rubbed his eyes to make sure that the boy had really been there. Oikawa began to walk towards him when a sound wave stopped him in his tracks.

He listened from a few feet behind him as the boy hummed something to himself and played a soft melody on the guitar. Oikawa almost couldn't believe his ears, the silent weird new actually had a great voice.

"Hey-o!" Oikawa said, a wide smile plastered on his face as he walked up from behind the boy causing him to nearly jump out of his skin. Sora turned his head to hide his face from the approaching boy, a dark blush appearing on his face from embarrassment, he hadn't expected anyone else to be out there during lunch.

"You know, you're a very hard person to find, Sora." Oikawa stated as he sat on the bench opposite of the boy. Sora kept his head down as he seemingly held onto his guitar for dear life.

"Sorry." Sora mumbled out causing Oikawa to tilt his head, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh don't apologize, I wasn't looking that hard." Oikawa lied causing Sora to nod, finally looking up to the boy.

"So... Where'd you transfer from?" Oikawa asked, curious to see if he knew where the boy had came from. Sora's eyes slightly widened as he quickly looked back to the ground, his hand rising to the back of his neck, scratching at it nervously.

"Oh uh, Karasuno." Sora mumbled causing Oikawa's eyebrows to rise, looking at the boy across from him. Karasuno? As in the school that Tobio went too?

"Karasuno huh? I know someone who went there. You wouldn't happen to know Tobio Kageyama?" Oikawa asked, not expecting to get the response that he got. Sora kept his head down but Oikawa noticed the boys body slightly ricochet before the bell rang out. Sora quickly stood up and was gone within an instant, leaving the other boy alone and confused.