Chapter 3

"Ya know something shittykawa?" Iwaizumi asked out as he received the ball, passing it to the setter in practice. Oikawa let his tounge slip out of the side of his mouth in concentration, setting the ball to the perfect spot causing Iwaizumi to shoot up into the air, spiking it over the net.

"Hmm?" Oikawa asked out, wiping the sweat from his brow.

"You don't eat lunch with us anymore, where the hell do you keep going? Got some fangirls to meet up with or something?" Iwaizumi asked out causing Oikawa to tilt his head.

"No. you know I have other friends, right Iwa-Chan?" Oikawa simply stated causing Iwaizumi's face to heat up in anger, letting a yell escape his throat as he smacked the back of the captains head, chastising him.

"Oh wait! Quiet!" Oikawa stated, brining a finger up to his mouth causing the angry boy to calm, listening out for whatever Oikawa could be talking about. A gentle hum rang through the air as the two boys sat and listened, curious as to where it was coming from. They silently followed the sound towards the door, finding a boy sitting against the gym wall, messing around on the guitar.

"Oh, it's that new kid from Karasuno. I've heard he hasn't said a word to anyone here..." Iwaizumi spoke before he felt a hand slap the back of his head. He hissed in pain as he looked over at Oikawa who was frowning at him, slight anger in his eyes before he opened up the door, walking out and looking down at his friend.

"Hi-o! It's getting awfully could out here, why don't you come inside, Sora?" Oikawa greeted causing Sora too look up at the friendly voice, smiling at Oikawa. He noticed that Sora hadn't stopped playing as abruptly as he had whenever Oikawa would sneak up on him at lunch, was he getting more comfortable with the idea of playing for the boy?

"Hi, Toru. I'm okay out here, thank you." Sora stated with a small smile causing Iwaizumi to curiously peek his head out, looking at the shy boy.

"You can talk? Well in that case, you play guitar really well, it reminds me of my boyfriend." Iwaizumi stated causing Oikawa to slap the back of his head once more.

"Ow! Would you stop doing that, shittykawa?"

"Way to make everything about you, Iwa-Chan!"

"What're you even talking about? I just mentioned-"

"I don't care! Sora's playing is very good and doesn't need to be compared to- where'd he go?"

The two boys looked around, not being able to find the boy anywhere. Oikawa sighed, slightly biting his lip. He set a mental reminder to get the boys phone number next time he saw him since he had a habit of disappearing.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Sora sat in the buzzing coffee shop, sitting in the corner booth just where he liked it. It was right under the heating vent so it was nice and cozy. He turned the page of the book he was reading before a cup of coffee was placed down in front of him. He looked up to see a smiling boy with dark hair.

"I got it just how you like it, even with the tiny little straw." Daichi Sawamura stated, sitting across from the boy with his own coffee. Sora lightly smiled as he took a sip of the coffee, the sweetness rushing through his body.

"Thank you." Sora stated earning a light 'mhm' from Daichi who snatched the book from the boys hands. Sora rolled his eyes at the action, looking over to the boy who was studying the book as if it was some sacred text.

"So, how's everything? I haven't seen you since-" Daichi was saying before he stopped himself, looking up at the boy who was staring at him with dark circles under his eyes.

"Everything's fine, Daichi..." Sora lied causing Daichi to sigh, giving him the look he'd give him when he knew he was lying. Ever since childhood the two have been best friends, they grew up together, went to the same schools, all the way up to high school.

"You should talk to Asahi... He's worried." Daichi mumbled causing Sora to run a hand through his hair, taking another sip of his coffee.

"We're all worried." Daichi stated causing Sora to nod, agreeing with the boy. Not to go talk to Asahi like he said, but that everyone was worried for him, even himself.

"How are uh, things with your dad going?" Daichi asked, rubbing the back of his neck at the awkwardness of the question. Sora somewhat pulled back, lightly closing his eyes and sighing.

"Can I have my book back please?" Sora asked causing Daichi to sigh and nod, sliding the book back across the table. Sora took the book and stood up, taking another sip of his coffee before reaching into his pocket and pulling money out, placing it on the table for the two coffees and leaving the small shop with the boy inside it.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

It had been a few days since the boy had interacted with anyone since it had been the weekend, but now it was Monday and he was back at his school, walking the halls as if he was a ghost.

"Oi! There you are!" A light voice shot through the air which Sora ignored, surely the voice wasn't talking to him, no one in the school saw him. A light hand grasped his shoulder causing him to look behind him, finding a panting brunette with a smirk on his face.

"Hi, Toru." Sora said, happiness lacing his words as he was happy to see his friend. Oikawa stood up straight and smiled, patting his head as a greeting.

"You know, I need to get you a bell to wear or something." Oikawa teased causing Sora to tilt his head, curious as to what he meant by that. Oikawa playfully rolled his eyes before tossing his arm atop the boys shoulders.

"I mean you disappear on me all the time! Either that, or you need to give me your phone number!" Oikawa said causing Sora to lightly nod, a small pinkish tint rising to his face as he fished his phone from his pocket, handing it to the boy. Oikawa quickly typed in his information, labeling his contact as 'Toru 😍" which only made the boys blush rise further.

"Now, guess what, Guitar boy?" Oikawa asked out as the two walked down the school hallway.

"Hmph?" Sora asked, looking to the smirking boy when he realized. They were close, close enough to feel each other's breath. Oikawa slightly moved his face closer to Sora's his smirk still evident causing Sora's face to get more red as he got more flustered.

"I brought more milk bread." Oikawa whispered out causing Sora's eyes to widen at the thought, more of the Delicious food that the boy had brought the other day?

"Really?" Sora whispered back, getting a nod in return before Oikawa's head pulled away, a light chuckle coming from his throat at how red his friends face was. For the first time in forever, Sora felt a strange feeling bubble up in his throat as a smile arose to his face. A small chuckle came from the boy, surprising Oikawa, but most of all surprising himself. He hadn't laughed since what had happened. His smile got wider as he realized what had just happened.

"I laughed!" Sora exclaimed causing Oikawa's smile to rise as he nodded his head.

"You sure did, Sora, you laughed." Oikawa said, playing it cool, but inside, Oikawa was doing flips. That one simple sound coming from the boys throat felt like he had just scored twenty five service aces in a row. It made the boys stomach do flips and his heart skip a few beats. That was when Oikawa realized that he was in trouble, because he hadn't ever felt that way about anything... except Volleyball.