Chapter 8

"Okay guys... We've worked really hard for this moment. We're gonna go out there and crush this shit, then we're getting RAMEN!" Max yelled out to the band to get them pumped up for the concert. Sora sat on the piano bench, warming up as he hummed the song he hadn't sang for anyone yet.

Kaz walked up to next to the boy, placing his large hand on his back to get his attention. Sora looked over at the boy with an anxious look on his face, it was clear that the boy was nervous to let the emotions he had building up out on stage.

"You sure you're okay? We don't need to start with your song, We can do Lost and Found or Freedom first." Kazuma asked causing Sora to lightly smile.

"I'll be okay, Kaz. Thank you." Sora said, looking down at his body. He was draped in his ex boyfriends jersey, the orange and black covering his chest and brining comfort to his heart. The jersey was always a too big for Sora, but it still had the feint smell of Daichi Sawamura woven into the fabric.

"Alright well, I'm gonna go announce that you'll be doing our first song, the first band should be wrapping up soon." Kaz said, patting the boy on the back causing him to nod.

"We'll be counting on you, Sora!! You gotta warm up the cro- OW! Why'd you hit me? Dick..." Max was saying before he was punched in the arm by Semi who glared at him before he kneeled down in front of his friend, patting the boy on his head.

"You'll make us proud, you'll make him proud, I'm sure of it." Semi said before he pulled the boy into a supportive hug, Max joining in, patting the two toned boy on the head, whispering that he'd do great.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"Hello everyone! We are Flights of the Heart! Thank you so much for coming to the show, we've got a great lineup for you tonight but first, our lead guitar and vocals has a very special song that he's going to be performing for the first time for everyone here. Please give it up for, Sora Aoki!" Kaz's booming voice said through the microphone causing the crowd to clap as the curtains began to raise.

Sounds of violins began to play as a the stages lights revealed a boy sitting at a piano, wearing a high school volleyball jersey. It looked odd for most of the attendees, yet there were a few who knew exactly what he was wearing.

The Karasuno Volleyball team stood near the front of the crowd, going silent at the sight of their captains jersey. Suga's eyes began to water at the sight, Asahi quickly throwing his arm onto Suga's shoulders. Hinata and Kageyama stood at the side of the line, holding hands as they saw the boy they missed so very much. Tanaka and Noya were cheering as loud as they could at the sight of the boy, Noya ontop of Tanaka's shoulders so Sora would see him.

Toru Oikawa and Hajime Iwaizumi stood to the side of the stage, looking at their friend they'd grown closer with over the past few month. Iwaizumi had a small smile on his face that he was trying to repress to no use while Oikawa, Oikawa was a different story.

He was both happy and sad to see the boy wearing his ex's jersey, he was happy that he was still remembering the boy but at the same time, he didn't want him to be trapped with his ghost forever. He was also a nervous wreck for the boy, what if the crowd was mean to him? He couldn't have that, He'd go out and start screaming at the crowd before he'd let that happen. His thoughts were derailed by a light sound of piano notes being played. Oikawa quirked an eyebrow up as he tilted head, Sora hadn't told him he was able to play piano. Sora played the piano before leaning into the microphone.

"Oh, won't you tell me, won't you tell me how it's supposed to be?" Sora's light, slightly high voice sung into the mic causing the crowd to instantly begin to pay attention to the boy upon the stage.