Chapter 2

The red and blue lights shined off of the sides of the houses, lighting up the normally quiet neighborhood. People walked around the boy who was kneeling in the front yard, no one spoke to him or even walked into him. He felt like a ghost, which of course he was, he had been the loneliest person in the world.

Sora's eyes snapped open as he breathed in as much air as possible, shooting up in his bed as he took deep breathes. His chest rose and fell as he looked around his dark room, finding the one thing he was looking for. He scrambled off of his bed towards his desk. He pulled the old shirt from it and into his chest, clutching it as close as he could before he crawled his way back to his bed, falling back asleep with the scent of a long gone love filling his body.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Oikawa walked out of his classroom with his dufflebag around his shoulder, determined to find the boy he'd found so interesting. He walked through the hallways of the school, making his way to the bench area he had found him a few days prior. Sure enough he heard the light hum of a guitar coming from the area.

A small smile rose to his face as he walked towards the sound, tugging on the strap of his bag. He turned the corner spotting the boy he had been thinking about over the weekend.

"Hey-o! Don't get scared!" Oikawa said causing the playing to stop once again as he walked to the bench he sat on a few days prior, looking at the embarrassed two toned boy.

"Hi." Sora said, staring at the ground, Oikawa sighed, walking over to the bench opposite him and sat next to the boy.

"Are you okay?" Oikawa asked out, looking at his face that was covered by his hair. Sora nodded, still gripping onto the guitar. Oikawa quirked an eyebrow before reaching into his bag and pulling out a small Tupperware container. He placed it on the bench, gaining the boys attention. Sora looked at the container before up at the smirking captain.

"A peace offering for upsetting you on Friday. My mom made it." Oikawa stated causing Sora to lightly smile and nod, a weight being lifted from his chest. Sora placed his guitar in its case as he pulled his legs up onto the bench, opening the container of food.

"Thank you... Toru." Sora said, remembering the boys name. This caused a small smile to rise to Oikawa's face as he nodded, happy to see the smile on the boys face again. He had worried over the weekend that he wouldn't be able to see it again.

"Sure. So, how're you liking our school so far?" Oikawa asked as Sora took a bite of the food, his eyes widened as he chewed and swallowed the food, looking up at Oikawa with a somewhat awestricken face. He quirked an eyebrow at the boys reaction, sure the milk bread had been his favorite but he hadn't expected this reaction.

"You like it?" Oikawa chuckled out earning a vigorous nod from Sora, quickly taking another bite, devouring the bread.

"I like the school, I made a friend." Sora said, leaning back on the bench and folding his hands together in his lap, the boy was more comfortable around the captain.

"Oh yeah? Who's that?" Oikawa asked, taking a bite of his milk bread. He chewed for a few seconds waiting for a response before he looked up, finding a confused looking Sora, slightly tilting his head at the boy. Oikawa stared at him for a second before realization dawned on him. It was him, the friend that he was talking about. He lightly smiled before patting Sora on the head, slightly ruffling his hair.

"Can you play something for me?" Oikawa asked his new friend who somewhat fell into himself, getting lost in his head before the bell rang out, signaling the return to classes. Sora quickly looked up at the boy who smirked and shook his head, patting the boys hair again.

"It's okay, you just owe me, Sora." Oikawa said, standing up and giving a small wave to the boy before walking back to class.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

It had been a few hours since the interaction at lunch and Sora was out of school. He sat in a small room with different instruments about. He sat on a stool as he played the song he had been trying to think of before the door opened, the drummer of his band walking in.

Kazuma Kurosawa smiled at his friend as he gave a small wave, his blonde hair waving in front of his face. The drummer was recent graduate from Shiritorizawa high school, having met Sora through their basest who had known him their whole lives. The boy began to warm up before the two other band members arrived.

"So, How's Sejoh going?" Kazuma asked, his deep voice nearly rattling the floor beneath them. Sora shrugged as he tuned his guitar, staying as quiet as normal, at least what normal was now.

"I made a friend." Sora said earning a large smile and deep laugh from Kazuma, being the older brother of the band had meant he'd stuck with Sora through out all of the shit that he had gone through the past few months.

"Well, you'll have to tell me about that after practice... I'll give you a ride home." Kazuma said getting a small smile and a nod from Sora, thanking his friend before a conversation was heard coming down the hall.

Their basest walked through the door first, his tall spiky purple hair lighting up the room as he walked in. Max Fury smiled widely as he placed his instrument down, walking over to Sora and ruffling his hair earning a small, playful glare from the boy who then laughed at the action, thrilled to see his friend

"Ah, you're both already here, I'm sure Semi will be up in a second. You know how he is." Max said, his purple hair flopping around as he talked

"Sure." Kazuma said, twisting his drum sticks around as Max warmed up, playing a small base line on his base to begin to tune it.

"Any updates on the song, Sora?" Max asked, his playful eyes lightly gazing at the vocals of his band. Sora shook his head silently as he continued to tune his guitar.

"Okay! Just take your time, alright?" Max said earning a small smile from Sora who nodded and let out a small 'Kay. Their final member finally joined them, guitar case in one hand and a coffee from the vending machine in the other.

"Damn thing wouldn't take my card... Okay, we ready to get started?" Semi asked as he took a sip of his drink, setting down the guitar case before moving over to his best friend, patting him on the head. Sora smiled at the action, happy to see his best friend was in a good mood.

"Mhm." Sora mumbled as he took the coffee from Semi's hand and took a sip, earning a glare from the other boy. The two other band mates chuckled at their friends before they began to practice.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"So, this friend?" Kaz asked the boy sitting across from him at the coffee shop. Sora looked up with wide eyes as he took a sip of his drink.

"Hmph? Oh, yeah he plays on the volleyball team there." Sora said causing Kazuma to quirk an eyebrow, curious as to if he was sure about what he was saying.

"Volleyball team? Listen, Sora are you sure..." Kaz softly spoke, reaching across to his friends hand. Sora sighed before nodding, looking up to who he considered to be his older brother.

"I think I'm okay. It's been a while since-" Sora spoke softly before he got choked up on his words, not being able to say the name he wanted too. Kaz sighed as he stood up and made his way to the other side of the table, draping his arm over the boys shoulders to try to bring him comfort.

"Okay, as long as you're being safe and careful." Kaz said causing Sora to nod, leaning his head against the boy, drinking their coffee in silence for the rest of the night before Kazuma took him home.