Chapter 5

6 months ago

"Nah man, you have no idea what happened! Were you even watching the movie? Or did you fall asleep like last time?" Max playfully asked Kazuma who shook his head angerly, reaching into his pocket and turning his phone back on.

"How the hell did you support him? He was clearly the bad guy!" Kaz said, his voice booming causing Max to shrug, turning his phone on as well.

"Listen, Iron man has been my favorite since I was a kid okay? I'm not gon- Oh shit." Max spoke before he was cut off by his phone. He had twenty missed calls from Semi, four from Tendou and even one from Ushijima.

"Did you get any calls?" Max asked causing Kaz to fully take his phone out of his pocket. His eyes widened at the amount of calls he had gotten from both Semi, Tendou, Ushijima and even an unknown number.

"Yeah... A lot." Kaz said as Max quickly called Semi curious to see what had happened. The phone rang for a few seconds before it was picked up.

"Max!? Where the hell have you been? Why haven't you or Kaz been picking up your phones?" Semi yelled through the phone causing Max to get even more worried.

"We were in a movie, what's up? Is the team okay? Did something happen on your guy's trip?!" Max asked, walking out of the movie theater, Kaz not far behind.

"Listen to me okay?! I just got a call from a police officer. Sora is down at the station in the city, they wouldn't tell me what happened but they said he found someone dead. I can't go get him so I need you and Kaz too, alright?" Semi asked causing Max to nearly fall over.

"What? What is it?" Kaz anxiously asked the purple haired boy who didn't respond, his normally silly face was contorted into one of concern and confusion.

"Yeah... Yeah we'll go get him."  Max said as he hung up the phone.

"We need to go to the police station in the city, now." Max seriously said as they made their way towards Kaz's car.

"Why? The hell is going on?" Kaz's booming voice asked, grasping ahold of Max's shoulder and spinning him around.

"It's Sora, okay? Semi said he got a call from an Officer down there, I'll explain on the way but right now would you get your big ass in the car and DRIVE US THERE?" Max yelled out causing Kaz's eyes to widen before he nodded, jogging with Max to where he parked his car.

When the two arrived at the station, they were taken to where their best friend was. Max rushed over to him as Kaz talked to the police officer about what had happened.

"Oh thank god..." Max said as he finally made it to his friend who stood up as soon as he saw them, Max pulled the boy into a hug, grasping him tightly before he noticed the blood that covered his hands and shirt, it was dried, but it still took the boy by surprise.

"Jesus, Sora, what happened?" He asked, looking over the boy for any injuries before he finally looked at his face. Max nearly cried at the site, it wasn't any type of face he'd seen on Sora before, or anyone for that matter. It was a face of total numbness, like he had nothing else to live for, almost as if everything someone had was taken away in a matter of seconds.

Much to his surprise, Kaz came from behind them and put his hand on Max's shoulder, giving him a look to tell him that something horrible had happened. Max looked back at Sora, checking him once again until he noticed the thing he was clutching in his hand. Max's eyes softened as he realized what had happened. He looked to the boy before pulling his head roughly into his shoulder, doing the only thing he knew how to do.

He held Sora as tight as he could before he felt Kaz's long arms wrap around both of them. Once Sora was fully wrapped in his families arms, his body began to shake as he clutched his boyfriends jersey as hard as he could in his hands. The three stayed like that for over twenty minutes, trying to make sure that none of them would disappear.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"Hey-o! Sorry I'm late!" Oikawa's voice shot through the air, finally finding Sora sitting in the shade under a tree on an old quilt  with his guitar in his lap. Sora smiled and waved at the approaching boy as he took a bite of his snack that he had purchased from the vending machine. Oikawa finally made it to the boy as the sun began to set, sitting down next to him and placing his bag on the right.

"Hey-o, Toru." Sora said causing Oikawa's eyebrows to rise at the words, this had been the first time Sora had copied the boy in saying 'hey-o' But Oikawa didn't mind, it sounded better coming from him anyways.

"So... are you ready to teach me how to become a guitar god, starboy?" Oikawa asked causing Sora to lightly laugh, nodding his head.

"Only if you brought what you said you would!" Sora stated causing Oikawa to roll his eyes and nod, reaching into his bag and pulling out a small thing of milk bread that his mother had made for him and his friend. Sora nearly cheered at the sight of the snack causing Oikawa to lightly chuckle.

"Okay, let's get you situated." Sora said, handing Oikawa the guitar that had been sitting on his lap. Sora crawled to behind him, wrapping the guitar strap around the boys body and making sure it felt good.

"Does this feel okay?" Sora asked, his voice quiet as he was right next to his friends ear. Oikawa's face began to heat up as he nodded and let out an 'mhm' before he composed himself as if he was in a volleyball match.

Sora moved back over to his left, telling Oikawa where to place his hands which Oikawa tried to do but in all honesty had no idea what he was talking about. Sora sighed as he reached over and moved his hand up the neck of the guitar, goosebumps flying over both of their skin as they touched.

Sora looked away from the boy, trying to hide his deep blush while Oikawa just stared at the boy, a small smile playing on his lips and admiration shining in his eyes. He noticed he'd been doing this for quite a while now not that he minded.

The two sat under the tree for over an hour, Sora constantly trying to stifle his laughter as Oikawa got frustrated and made faces at the boy and short quips like 'oh I'd like to see you do it' which caused Sora to take the guitar and play the cord he was trying to play perfectly, leaving Oikawa to cross his arms and playfully glare at the boy.

He tried one last time, on the brink of it before he played the wrong note leaving him to pout and cross his arms.

"This is impossible! I think you're just some magician or something because this is dark magic! It has to be!" Oikawa ranted causing Sora to laugh at the words. Oikawa stopped mid sentence as he heard the soft laughter, staring at the boy who had fallen on his side, clutching his stomach in laughter repeating the words to himself.

Oikawa still hadn't gotten used to that feeling he got whenever he heard the laughter, the only thing he could compare it to was when he first got a service ace in volleyball or the first time he heard the crowd cheer for him. He smiled to himself at the thought that he had made him laugh like that. The quiet boy who was seemingly scared to talk to him weeks prior, Oikawa had unknowingly broken down his walls and made him laugh again. Oikawa swore in that instant to do his absolute best to make the boy smile more, even if it was just a small one, it was like staring at happiness to Oikawa.