Chapter 7

Sora sat in the coffee shop, the smell of coffee filling his nose and slightly making the pain in his heart go away.

He sat in his regular corner of the coffee shop, keeping his head facing the table as he stirred the coffee in his cup. He reminisced on all of the words that the boy he had developed a crush for had said. Tears began to prick at the sides of his eyes, his mind playing the words on repeat.

"Hey, what's up crybaby?" A familiar voice asked out, a shadow forming on the table. Sora formed a sad smile at the words, feeling a sense of comfort in the voice. A hand reached across the table, sitting just in view of Sora.

Sora looked up, finding Daichi Sawamura sitting there, a comforting smile on his face. He quirked an eyebrow up, looking deep into the boys eyes, almost begging him to tell him what had him so down.

"How'd you find me?" Sora weakly asked causing Daichi to lightly chuckle.

"Come on, this is our shop. We've been coming here since we were kids." Daichi said causing Sora to lightly nod, looking around the empty coffee shop before letting his guard down.

"I'm so stupid..." Sora croaked out before more tears began to fall down his face which he quickly wiped away. Daichi tilted his head at the boy, a sad look on his face.

"Come on, you're not stupid... We both know that. Could a stupid person read a new book a week? Hmm?" Daichi asked, trying to make the boy smile.

"Come on, give me a smile..." Daichi said, resting his head on his hand giving Sora puppy eyes causing Sora to lightly chuckle, a small smile rising onto his face causing Daichi to smile along with him.

"I fell in love again, after everything that happened I fell in love with someone else." Sora finally admitted to him, not looking at his face.

"And I fucked it up. Just like I fucked it up last time." Sora sobbed out, finally letting all of the emotions he had built up over the past few months, tears pouring from his eyes as if they were a water hose with the valve broken off.

"Sora..." Daichi mumbled out, looking down at his hands.

"No! It was my fault! We both know it! I didn't-" Sora said before a sob cut him off, his whole body contracted into the sob, the pain, sadness, and disparity that he had kept inside of him for months had finally began to come back.

"I'm sorry." Daichi simply stated causing Sora's anger to begin to come out.

"You're sorry? Do you have any idea how hard it's been?" Sora yelled at the boy who didn't even flinch, he just continued to look at his hands. Sora began to break down into tears again, seemingly falling into himself before he looked up to the boy sitting across from the table.

He studied every feature of his face, it looked just like his memory of Daichi's face, the hazel brown eyes, the strong jaw, but smaller things were off, ones that the mind had seemingly skimmed over, different.

Little things like the placement of the little scar he had on his chin from falling when he was a child, like the tiny dimples he had, smaller things like those were missing or different simply because the last time he'd seen Daichi Sawamura was months ago.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"Oh come on! Pleaseeeee." Daichi begged his boyfriend as both of them laid on his bed, shirtless.

"Daichi, I told you that you have a game tomorrow, you need to get some rest." Sora stated, a small smile playing on his face as he looked down to his slightly shorter boyfriend.

"I'll rest here! It'll be perfect, then we can watch a movie and cuddle all night!" Daichi said, wrapping his arms around Sora's waist and placing kisses to his neck before down to his chest.

"That's not resting, babe. I need to rest too ya know, I need to cheer you on." Sora stated causing Daichi's head to return to the bed, staring at the boy.

"How did I get so lucky hmm?" Daichi asked, a smile playing on his lips causing Sora to deeply blush and shake his head so his hair would get into his face.

"Shut it, Sawamura. Don't make me blush." Sora protested causing Daichi to laugh and shake his head, sitting up in the bed.

"No cheering me on tomorrow... You need to keep your voice healthy, you have a show coming up don't you?" Daichi asked causing Sora to roll his eyes and sit up next to his boyfriend, placing his soft lips to his cheek.

"I think I can manage, now, get dressed. I'm not dating a freeloader sir." Sora said causing Daichi to hold his hands up in surrender, standing up and slipping his shirt on before running a hand through his messy hair, looking down at his shirtless boyfriend who smiled up at him.

"Hey." Daichi said, walking closer to the bed causing Sora to sit on his knees, a playful smile playing on his lips.

"Hey..." Sora said, wrapping his arms around the back of Daichi's neck and pulling him down for a kiss. Daichi placed a hand on the small of his back before pulling away just barley, leaning his forehead against Sora's.

"I love you," Daichi mumbled, looking straight into Sora's eyes. Sora felt his heart skip a beat as he always did when his boyfriend would say those words.

"I love you more..." Sora said causing Daichi to playfully scoff.

"That's not possible, Angel." Daichi said before patting him on the head and leaving the bedroom of his boyfriend.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"I miss you. I miss you so fucking much, Daichi. Everywhere I go, Everything I do, I can't even think because our memories are constantly playing through my mind." Sora said, getting choked up on his words. Daichi looked up at the boy and into his eyes as he let a small sigh move his body.

"It wasn't your fault... you need to forgive yourself." Daichi mumbled out, Sora lightly shook his head.

"I can't. If I had just let you stay the night..." Sora mumbled, causing Daichi to shake his head.

"It happened because I didn't call the police. I tried to stop him myself..." Daichi said causing Sora to shake his head.

His phone began to vibrate, snatching him from his thoughts. Sora looked at the caller ID before looking up at Daichi who smiled sadly at his exboyfriend.

"Go to him, Sora. He's good for you." Daichi said causing Sora to nod before he tried to answer. His thumb stopped right on the accept button but his mind wouldn't let him.

"Hey..." Daichi's smooth voice said, causing Sora to look up at the boy, his tears beginning to blur his vision.

"Hey..." Sora replied, his voice rough and horse from crying over the past day. Daichi lightly smiled at him as he slightly chuckled.

"I love you." Daichi spoke, his words acting like spikes to Sora's heart.

"I love you more." Sora cried out causing Daichi to shake his head, muttering 'you're so stubborn'

"That's not possible, Angel. Now go, Let me go." Daichi said his voice still strong and reliable even in his last conversation with the boy he was going to marry. Sora looked into his eyes before slowly nodding, tears falling down his face even harder. He slowly stood up from the booth that he and Daichi basically fell in love in. From middle school all the way up to high school, they would drink there every day. Sora took one last glance at the memory of a boy. Daichi smiled to himself, taking a sip of his coffee as a tear rolled down his cheek.

Sora took a deep breath as he looked at his first love one last time before turning and leaving the coffee shop of memories, letting all of them go but at the same time, keeping them in his heart forever.

——————————————

"Hey... yeah. I actually have that concert tomorrow, do you wanna just meet me there? Then we can talk?" Sora asked into the phone causing Oikawa to reply with a short but quick sure, still slightly in shock at their fight earlier that day.