Chapter 3

Renjun jumped as he saw the girl sitting on his bed, taking deep breaths. "What the heck, you scared me!"

"Sorry, probably should have given you a warning." Jiayi said, running her fingers through her hair. "But Zhilan told me something was wrong, so I figured I should come see you."

Oh, so now you have time for me?

"It's late." Renjun pointed out, knowing he was being stubborn. "I have class tomorrow."

"Alright." Jiayi said, standing up as she knew it was better than arguing with her younger brother. "But you know, I'm always here for you."

"Yes, I know." Renjun said, gently pushing his older sister to the door. "But can you stop sneaking into my room, it's honestly creepy."

"Winwin suggested it." Jiayi said, smirking with a sparkle in her eye.

"You both definitely came up with it together." Renjun said, knowing how mischievous both of them were. "But I'm serious, sleep is important and I'm exhausted."

"If you think it's going to help you grow, the answer is no." Jiayi teased.

That was Renjun's breaking point as he dropped his bag, narrowing his eyes at his sister. Jiayi giggled before running out, Renjun close behind.

Renjun knew that the others were staring as Jiayi went out the door and Renjun followed her. He spotted Taeil and Winwin by Taeil's car, the two of them giving Renjun weird looks.

Renjun was so distracted by the two males that he didn't noticed that Jiayi had stopped and ran straight into her.

"Oof, you know you're not that small anymore." Jiayi joked as her arms wrapped around Renjun, hugging him. "Small but not as small as you were before."

"Why you little-"

Renjun never finished his words as he felt Jiayi rub his back, trying to comfort her brother.

"I know you're upset, didi, you can't hide that from me." Jiayi whispered into his ear. "Remember, I'm always here for you. You're all that I have left."

Renjun knew that his emotions were getting to the best of him so he pushed Jiayi away, leaving her arms.

Renjun stole a glance and immediately regretted it as he saw how concerned his sister looked, knowing she was probably blaming herself.

Renjun waved his hand, motioning to Winwin and Taeil. "I'll be fine, I'm not a kid anymore, there's no need to worry. Plus, they're waiting for you, you should go."

Jiayi turned around, letting out a deep sigh as she saw Taeil and Winwin's faces. "Alright but call me if you need anything or ever feel upset."

"Mm, okay I will." Renjun said, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jacket before using his head to motion to Taeil's car. "I'll watch you leave so you hurry and go."

Jiayi seemed hesitant but waved to her brother before heading to Taeil's car. As she stepped in, Renjun gulped, meeting Winwin's eyes.

Winwin knew Renjun almost as well as his sister did and Renjun knew him just as well. That was why the look Winwin gave him concerned Renjun.

It was a look of pity and Renjun hated that look, making him weak and powerless.

So when Taeil's car went passed him, Renjun stood a bit straighter, puffing out his chest to show that he was fine even though he was breaking inside.

...

"Are you sure you don't want me to walk you up?" Doyoung asked his cousin but Jieun shook her head.