Chapter 26

Jieun seemed to be at a loss for words as she stared at the table and Renjun was beginning to get concerned. Renjun noticed Jeno give him a look.

Is she alright? Jeno mouthed but Renjun didn't know the answer.

"Hey, Jieun?" Renjun asked, giving his girlfriend a tap but Jieun's head just shot up, a small smile on her face.

"Yes, sorry." Jieun said, quickly apologizing. "I just needed a bit of time to take it all in but thank you so much for telling me."

"No worries." Jeno said, smiling back at Jieun. Renjun was glad that the two were on good terms now, the air cleared. "If you ever want to know more, just let me know."

"I will." Jieun said, before resting her elbows on the table, cupping her face. "So how did you two start dating?"

"Oh, that story." Jeno giggled turning to Soojung who was beginning to blush. Renjun couldn't focus on Soojung though, simply captivated by how adorable Jieun looked right now as she looked at the couple across from them, curiosity filling her eyes.

"Well it begins with three stray cats and the ashes from a first love." Soojung told Jieun, beginning the tale of how her and Jeno fell in love.

...

Jieun gave Soojung a hug before the girl took Jeno's hand, the two of them making their way to Jeno's car. After listening to Jeno's story, she realized there was probably a lot more than she didn't know, and it all started with Seolhee's death.

"Hey." Renjun said, and Jieun remembered that her boyfriend was still there. "You seem a little out of it today."

"I just can't believe that I was so quick to judge." Jieun told him. "I honestly thought I knew everything about Seolhee's death, but I was so wrong."

"It's alright, it happens." Renjun said, giving her hand a squeeze. "But you said I get the whole day and the day isn't over yet."

"Oh, was that not enough for you." Jieun joked as she undid her apron, ready to hang it up.

"I don't think I'll ever get enough of you." Renjun told her, leaning forward and pressing a kiss on Jieun's lips, making her giggle.

...

"You know, they say you shouldn't wander the dark streets of Neo City at night." Jieun said as she held Renjun's hand, the male holding a blanket in his hand.

"I don't know, when you're dating a Phoenix, I feel like you can let that slide." Renjun replied as they made their way towards the center of the field.

Renjun had taken her to a quiet sports field, not a single vehicle in sight. It seemed as though they had the field to themselves, and honestly, Jieun didn't know who else would come at an hour like this.

The moon was high in the sky, but even then, the field was barely illuminated. The only light came from the street lights, and as they walked closer and closer to the centre, it became darker, making it difficult for Jieun to see what was in front of her.

Renjun seemed perfectly calm though as he stopped in the middle of the field, unfolding the blanket. "Come sit."

Jieun did as told, sitting on the blanket beside Renjun. "So why did you bring me here?"

"To stargaze." Renjun said, smiling as he lied down. He put his arm out and patted the empty space. "Come here."

Jieun couldn't help but shake her head before lying beside her boyfriend, snuggling up into his body. "Is this another thing you wanted to check off your bucket list?"