Chapter 19

"What happened?" Jiayi asked as Renjun sat beside her on the couch. They were in Taeil's trailer, Jiayi specially requesting for Renjun's time. "You're not yourself, I can tell a mile away."

"I..." Renjun took a deep breath, trying to find the words to express himself. "I pissed Haechan off."

"What's new?" Jiayi mumbled before lifting her head to meet Renjun's eyes. That's when she figured out it was more than the usual bickering. "He's mad."

"He's more... Upset." Renjun told his sister. "And it's because I haven't been acting like myself. I've been holding back from telling the people around me how I feel."

"I've noticed." Jiayi admitted. "You used to call me everyday. Ever since I moved here, you've been calling me less and less."

"That's because you're always busy!" Renjun argued, standing up in his defense. When looked at his sister though, he sat back down. "And so have the others."

"I'm sure that since you have Jieun now, you'll understand how hard it is to balance time with your friends and signifcant others." Jiayi told him. Renjun couldn't help but nod in agreement.

"It is hard."

"But at the same time." Jiayi said, sitting straight and lacing her hands in her lap. "I probably should have been stricter with myself."

"Probably." Renjun said, a small grin appearing on his face. Jiayi rolled her eyes, smiling as well.

"I cancelled a lot, didn't I?"

"You did, it was so annoying." Renjun said, pouting. "I thought that I would have more time with you when you and Winwin moved to Neo City but boy was I wrong."

Jiayi shook her head as they both laughed, lighting smacking her brother. "Yah, I'm busy. This Xiaojun stuff is driving us all up the wall."

Renjun immediately stopped laughing at the sound of Xiaojun's name and Jiayi picked up on this, doing the same.

"Do you really think someone's plotting against us?" Renjun asked, hoping that his sister would give him the answer he wanted.

She didn't though, giving her the exact opposite of what he wanted.

"I'm not sure but either way, you need to watch out for Jieun. I like her too much for another Seolhee situation to happen."

...

Renjun groaned the second he heard Chenle's voice calling him out. "Oh Renjeon-shi~"

I just got home, are you serious?

"Yah, Huang Renjun, are you listening?" Chenle yelled out again. Renjun rolled his eyes.

"Yah Zhong Chenle, what do you want?" Renjun asked back as he entered the apartment, a pile of cash that he knew was his from the most recent deal lying in front of Chenle.

Renjun was about to take it but Chenle stopped him, placing his hand on top of the cash. "I heard you have a girlfriend."

"It's not official, we're just seeing each other." Renjun said, trying to peel Chenle's fingers off but it was useless. And to make things better, Jisung had to leave his room to join them.

"But Haechan said you two were dating. He saw you holding hands and Ayeon confirmed it." Jisung told him.

Of course he did, Renjun thought, making a mental note to give Haechan a hard smack on the back of the head. He should have known, as Haechan always liked to gossip when he was in a bad mood.

"Anyways, I want to meet noona!" Chenle said, pouting and begging Renjun with his eyes.

"I don't want her to meet you." Renjun said, trying to flick Chenle's fingers off. "Can you just give me my money."