𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝙸𝙸

For the rest of the day, Kaeya found himself still embarrassed from his...experience with albedo and trying to distract himself with his paperwork while still trying to brainstorm ideas to make it up to him. He obviously seemed annoyed at him so he'd definitely have to wait at least until the end of the day to talk to him again. Perhaps he could write him a heartfelt note? sounds hard... A gift is a bit desperate.. He could take him somewhere? Well, no.. After what happened there's no way Albedo would want to go anywhere with him again. Ah, this was so hard... Why did he even care so much? He had gotten drunk around many people before, why did he care so much about Albedo? What was different?.. Suddenly, there was a quiet knock at the door. Kaeya looked up to see Sucrose, the Alchemist's assistant, standing at the door.

"C-Captain Kaeya... Lisa would like to talk to you..."

"Hm? Why's that?"

"I- I don't know Sir. I.. I didn't ask."

"Mmm.. Okay thanks, Sucrose. Tell her I'll be right there"

She quickly nodded, making her way back to the library while Kaeya stayed put. Lisa? Why did Lisa want to talk to him? Whatever.. best not to mess with her. He picked up a coin, fidgeting with it as he walked to the library to see the librarian.

"Hey Lisa, what is it you need?"

"Ahhh Captain Kaeya, come over here for a second I need to talk to you, dear"

"About what? I'm not fond of surprises.. You should just tell me"

"Just come over here it isn't hard. You're going to thank meeee"

Kaeya groaned, walking over to the more secluded area of the library, where Lisa was. 

"What is it? "

"Sooo... You and Albedo eh? What's up with that?"

"Did you really call me here just to- whatever. There is nothing going on. If there ever were to be anything, not anymore."

"Ohh?? What makes you say that? Did something happen between you too?.. so soon?" 

Lisa turned around and continued to organize the shelf while Kaeya sat down and sighed

"Well no.. Well- I just got drunk and well he ended up having to put up with me... I suppose I don't blame him for being annoyed,, after all he did end up sleeping in that rather uncomfortable chair."

"Wow.. you pissed him off. Impressive, not gonna lie... But I mean, why would you get drunk on a date like that?"

Kaeya choked a bit as she said that and leaned forward in his chair defensively

"Date?! Ha. As if.. I wanted to get to know him better.. See his intentions, all that. Y'know I'm into that stuff" 

"Ah- Well if it's like that, I guess you wouldn't need my assistance to actually 'befriend' him. I guess I took it the wrong way. You're free to go, dear"

"No- wait I'm curious now... what exacly were you planning?"

"Well since you fucked up so bad and didn't get a proper chance to talk to him apart from "My apologies it was not my intention-", I figured you could use a new chance to speak to him but since you-"

"what do you need me to do?" 

"Ah~ So you do care. Here" She handed him a book wrapped in brown paper. "Deliver that to him on my behalf.. and do yourself a favour and try to fix this mess"

"Um.. okay. I really don't see why you care so much but alright. thank you I guess"

"Yes yes. Now shoo shooo go give him the book and come back once you're done. I wanna hear what happens"

Kaeya nodded and walked slowly to the lab. He was actually quite nervous, I mean he really didn't know what kind of person Albedo was, and if he kept grudes. Either way, he had to talk to him now, at least to deliver the book.

"Albedo? Special deliveryy..."

"You can just leave it on the table there. I'll check it out later" Albedo responded from a different part of the lab, not really caring about the visitor.

"Okay... Well what are you up to?"

"My typical research. This could be dangerous, I'd recommend you leave now before you get hurt... if you read the sign on the door you would've known to not come in.."

"Oh- Well I'm responsible. And of course if you were to get hurt you'd need someone to help you-"

"Ah yes, you really proved your responsibility yesterday.." 

"OKAY WELL- yeah you have a point. But I'd like to make it up to you, prove that I'm not just an alcoholic douchebag" 

"Why have is that not the first time I've heard someone describe you with those exact words" 

Albedo let out a quiet chuckle as he said that and Kaeya practically had a heart attack. He didn't even like him- like that. But his chuckle just made his whole day. It was cute! I mean coming from the emotionless alchemist, it was just so sweet to him. 

"Yeah... I bet... Soo what are you working on? I mean looks pretty interesting with all these different coloured liquids 'nd stuff"

Kaeya reached out to hold one

"Wait- Don't-"

Too late. As he picked up the liquid, it started fizzing up. Without even thinking about it, he put it down and it spilled all over a whole bunch of Albedos notes. Quickly taking a step back, he bumped into Albedo who was standing behind him, in shock as he watched his precious notes got ruined by the liquid.

"Oh god.. I'm so sorry.. I didn't mea-"

"Very responsible I see... Thank you for delivering the book. You can go now."

Kaeya sighed and nodded, leaving the lab without another word. He was doing so well too.. He had finally seen a glimpse of emotion from him... But of course he had to ruin it. That didn't accomplish anything at all, he was still at the same place he was when he first walked in to his lab to talk. Although, now more than ever, he wanted to get on good terms with him again. After knowing he wasn't just some dead inside scholar, he was curious to know what he was hiding behind this personaz. 

-- 

"Let me get this straight. You walked in there, exchanged a few "light hearted jokes" and then proceeded to ruin this work?"

"It wasn't on purpose! I just-"

"Darling, He literally told you to not touch anything."

"Ok yeah but like c'mon please help me fix this"

"Never thought I'd have the Cavalry Captain begging me for relationship advice."

"ITS NOT RELATIONSHIP ADVICE"

"By the way you describe him it sure sounds like you want onee~"

"LISA I NEED HELPPPp"

"Shut up. This is a Library."

"Lisa, I need help."

"You try to fix your mess, give me a week and I'll talk to jean, I have the perfect plan."

"Very helpful..." Kaeya sighed and stood up to leave "thanks anyways.."

"Of course, dear. Don't worry, I have this all under controll"

--

CHAPTER 3 DONE BABYYYYYY

gonna make kaeya SUFFER