𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚅

Well, that was two fuck ups... There was no way he could recover from that. He slowly walked back to his office, honestly just trying to hide from other people. He was so embarrassed of his stupidity... If he just listened for once he wouldn't be in such a mess. He wouldn't have to be asking Lisa for help and now he didn't even know what she was planning to do... For the next few hours, Kaeya remained in his office trying to distract himself by doing literally anything he possibly could. From actually finishing his paperwork with good detail, to reorganizing some of the things on his shelves.

Until suddenly someone barged in

"S-Sir Kaeya? I-It's me, Sucrose. I have some reports from Amber that she said you should look over..."

"Oh hello. Just leave them here. I'll check over them in a bit"

"O-Okay.." Sucrose quickly put them on his desk, nodding and starting to walk away before stopping.
"I-If you don't mind me asking... What happened between you and Mister Albedo?... He seemed quite... frustrated. He was saying about how you messed everything up and how his notes were ruined... He seemed quite.. upset at you.. Of course, with all due respect, I will say you really did mess up..."
"I... Yes, I did. I feel terrible but I suppose for now its best to keep my distance.. I'll just try to talk to him again tomorrow."
"A-are you sure that's a good idea though? I-I mean I'm not saying you aren't capable.. its just that you've already made him stress so much... Do you really think next time will be better? A-ah that doesn't sound like how I meant it!! My apologies..."
"No no... I see what you're saying.. You know him better after all."
"I just really don't think it'd be worth it to risk it all for nothing.. Your curse will kick in and you'll mess something up again.."
At this point Kaeya was so lost in his own guilt he couldn't even focus on the fact that Sucrose never even spoke like this. She was always so kind and shy but today she seemed so.. blunt? Either way, the captain was lost in his own head, overthinking everything... Did the Alchemist really hate him?
"c-captain? If you need anyone to talk to... I'm here." Sucrose smiled gently and then walked out, leaving Kaeya alone once again in his office.
--
Interactions like these went on for the next few days, digging Kaeya into a deeper and deeper hole of misery. Even from his first conversation with Albedo, he had taken great interest in him and genuinely wanted to get to know him better. The way his eyes lit up when talking about the things he cared about, his chuckle, Kaeya just wanted to see it all again. He wanted to see him again. But Sucrose would always tell him about how pissed he was at him, how he hates him for messing up, how he doesn't ever want him to step foot in his office ever again... The way Sucrose worded things always made it sound as if she were on Kaeyas side, her bad news was only ever just to "support him" and help him avoid messing things up again. Although, she truly was not of any help at all. Kaeya saw less and less of Albedo throughout that week, assuming perhaps he was avoiding him.. With reason too. After all he was just Captain douchebag of the Knights of Favonius.
..
Albedo on the other hand was truly unbothered at first. Viewing his experiences with Kaeya as slightly annoying but nothing major. He secretly enjoyed the company, the contrast in their work was interesting to him.. But he never seemed to come back. From time to time Sucrose would tell him how he shouldn't waste his time on him. He's sooo much better than the Captain. "Mister Albedo, you truly deserve to spend your time with someone better. Someone who can benefit your work, not destroy it.. Someone educated in the fields of Alchemy. Someone who can assist you whenever you need it.." Sucrose would never miss a beat to indirectly compare herself to him, and surely enough, her words were able to get to even the Chief Alchemist himself.. Albedos dislike for Kaeya began to slowly grow over that week.
--

By the end of the week, Kaeya had had enough. The guilt, the sadness, he felt terrible. He needed an escape.. He had told himself he wouldn't drink any more alcohol after finding out just how sick and tired everyone was of him but alas, he found himself going to the tavern again. Sitting at the spot he had originally sat at with Albedo, he got to work on drinking his pains away.
--
It was late, extremely late. Albedo didn't care, he had finally gotten so far with his plan- I mean research (what can I say, we all make typos ;) )- It would only be a waste to stop here. He was doing so well, everything was practically bulletproof... Once he put this into effect it would-
"Oh Alchemy boy~"
Albedo quickly turned around, leaving his.. research on the table he was sitting at. It was none other than the Cavalry Captain Kaeya... In a state Albedo was already familiar with... He was drunk.
"Captain Kaeya- What are you doing here?"
"Just Kaeya's fine darlinggg.. Im just visiting youuuu. I miss you ya knoowww *hic* Op- I wanna stay,, here with youuu"
"No. Absolutely not. You've already ruined some of my research you can't- What are you doing?"
"Nothinggg Im Just loookinggg.. You shouldn't be so maddd you'll gett WRINKLESSS.. and youre too pretty for that"
Albedo sighed, clearly annoyed but trying really hard to stay calm and composed.
"Captain Kaeya, please... don't call me that. I'm busy and I need you to leave."
"Call you what?? Pretty? but you are~~ I'm only stating the HONEST truth..."
Kaeya booped Albedos nose and Albedo just about lost it
"Captain, don't touch me."
"Whyy does it make you mad?? What if I do this?"
Kaeya pulled Albedo into a tight hug. Albedo remained tense, not hugging back, now incredibly annoyed that Kaeya had not only barged in here and interrupted his work, but was now purposely trying to piss him off. Albedo lightly pushed him away and Kaeya laughed before pulling Albedo quite close to him. Their height difference made it hard for Albedo to maintain his balance, having to go on his tippy toes to be at level with Kaeya.
"Would it piss you off if I kissed you?"
"Don't even try."
"mmmm I won't.. The wrath of the alchemist is something I don't want to experience- It'd be pretty hot tho-"
Albedo pushed him away and Kaeya simply leaned closer, planting a gentle kiss on Albedos forehead.
This stunned the Alchemist, he froze up, trying to figure out how he felt. Did he like the affection or was it just annoyin-
"Whats this? Looks like trash it's not even readable-"
In Kaeya's hands were the 'research papers' Albedo was working on earlier. Albedo looked at them, reaching his hand out but not being able to get any sound out of his mouth as Kaeya  simply ripped it up, throwing it in the trash.
"No..."
"Mmmm.. It was just scribbles n shitt nothin important don't worryyy"
"... get out."
"Hm?"
"Get out of my lab."
"Whyy what'd I dooo"
"You ripped up VERY important papers.. now I'm going to have to start from scratch.."
"Ehhhhh? Didn't look important"
Albedo let out a frustrated sigh and without any further words, pointed to the door, expecting Kaeya to leave before turning to face away from him. The room got quiet, and Albedo assumed the drunk man had left. He sat at his desk staring at the shreds of paper, there was no way he could redo this now... It was late, and it'd take him forever going off of only his memory.. Despite this thought, he decided to at least get a little bit done... He spent a few minutes trying to jot down notes, but it just was not the same. He'd need more time and energy to finish this properly... He should just go to sleep.

He turned around to look at his bed where there lay Captain Kaeya. He sighed.. of course, he didn't leave... foolish of him to assume he would to begin with. Half of him wanted to wake him and kick him out but that'd take a lot of energy and he was just not in the mood. There was enough room on the bed for the both of them so Albedo figured he'd just go to sleep on the empty side of the bed. It wasn't weird, he didn't care. After all, it would be rude of him to wake the captain up just to kick him out.  

--
NOT ME PROCRASTINATING BYEEEE 🤨🤣🤣😇😇😇😇🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🥳🤣🥳🥳🥳🙂🙂🙂🙂🤨🙂🤨🙂🤨🤨

I HAD TO FIX THE END FOR A MORE ~COHESIVE PLOT~

:)