Why would he do that?

"What? Why?" I asked, my voice breaking.

"I'm taking Tasha's offer, and I was just waiting here so that I can tell you this. I'm sorry but I have to go."

"So this is what it is about, you told me you loved me and now you're leaving me? Why because I was not enough for you? Did I do something wrong? Or was it sex?" I could not believe what was happening.

He tried to say something but stopped. Then he said what was my biggest fear.

"Goodbye, Rose." and then he left me there.

I cried for an hour sitting there and thinking what's going to happen to me now, the man I loved with everything that I had left me, I didn't know what to do or think even. So I did what must be the best thing I could have done, I went to my best friend whom I knew would never leave me. I ran to the moroi dorm and to Lissa's room. I knocked on her door, after a minute a grumbling Lissa opened the door.

"Rose, what are you doing here? You know I don't." and she stopped when she actually looked at me. I must've looked horrible because she was shocked.

"Oh my god, Rose are you okay? What happened? Come in." she took me to her bedroom and then brought me a glass of water.

"He left me, Liss, he left me for her."I said crying, she understood what I was saying. After Spokane, I realized that I should tell her everything and when I did she was actually very happy, she was jumping around, planning our wedding, then our ship name, It took me a good twenty minutes to calm her down, then when she realized that it was because she was our charge that we couldn't be together, she was so sad that she started crying and apologized to me and Dimitri continuously, it took me some time but I was able to explain to her that it's okay and it's not because of her it's just how our life is, it would be the same if we had another charge, she still felt bad and guilty but understood a little.

"Oh god, relax Rose." she tried to comfort me and hugged me, I told her everything that happened today, and by the end of it, to say Lissa was furious would be an understatement.