Chapter 2

Day 1244..., Hermione sat at her desk and wrote in her diary. And at about the same time as yesterday someone was at the door again. She shoved her diary in a drawer and announced "come in."

So sure enough it was Draco again. "hey Granger here are more papers from the head." He said walking over to set them on her desk and she just nodded.

"How are you?" she said setting down her pen and looking up at him.

"What? Oh, I'm okay" He said with a small but an actual genuine smile. "How are you?"

Hermione stared at him wide eyed. 'Draco Malfoy is smiling? And he is having an actually conversation with me? What alternate reality did I step into?' she thought to herself. "I'm living, still hesitant this whole conversation is a set up."

"Now why would I set you up, and besides you started the conversation?"

"Well Malfoy, I don't know if you realize it or not but you don't have the best track record." She replied. "And yeah I know I started the conversation, I thought it was only respectful."

"Oh Merlin, does Granger really want to act respectful towards me?" He looked around the room with his hands in the air as if the universe was giving him praise.

"Yeah I'm actually really polite, even toward you, now get out of my office and I don't wanna see you back here again today." He smirked and headed for the door. She looked back down and started filling out the papers. She didn't realize but he stood there for a few moments before he left.

Lunch hour slowly came around and Draco left his department to head for trattoria on the corner. He was so glad to get away from the big tower of paperwork Ms. Whitlock from court room left on his desk.

Hermione was finishing filling out her calendar for the week when her assistant walked in. "Ms. Granger, your lunch break started a few minutes ago if you would like to leave."

"You can call me Hermione, but thank you Destiny I just get so caught up in my work." Hermione said and they both laughed.

"Same here, I'm gonna head to the cafeteria, I'll see you when you get back I suppose."

"Yes of course, bye Destiny." she said, Destiny smiled then left. Hermione grabbed her purse and left the building. She decided to go to her favorite place on the corner. Once she walked up to the door, she realized the long line. Hermione was about to wait until she realized Malfoy walking out. "Malfoy, fancy seeing you."

"Granger I am not in the mood." He said looking up at Hermione and walking out the door of the restaurant. Her curiosity got the best of her and she followed after him. "Hey Malfoy, what's the matter?"

"Well I wanted to eat lunch in there but my ex-fiance, is in there with that lousy, disrespectful, play boy." Darco says and Hermione looks at him puzzled.

"Ex-fiance? Who? And who is she with?"

"Granger, nosey much but Astoria Greengrass and what happened with us is a long story. But she is with that lowlife Dean Thomas. I believe he was in the Order and Gryffindor house with you. Regardless of all that he was and is still a stupid little-"

"two timing slob." Hermione said cutting off Draco. He just stood there shocked and confused.

"Pardon me?"

"Never mind that, let's just go down the road to the other trattoria." She said and rushed down the street, it was his turn to follow her. They walked in and waited at the welcome desk for someone to take them to a table, then she had an idea. "Hey Malfoy, since I am already running a bit late, I'm just get my food to go so I guess I'll see you later?"