Chapter 8

Notes: Sorry its been over a year since I have updated. In all honesty I was in a terrible mental state when I last wrote in here and to be honest I was scared to come back. But I managed to and I'm a lot better and happier now. I will try to write more, I really enjoy it.

She sat at the edge of her bed in thought. She was weighing the pros and the cons of going into work today. One of the biggest cons being it would be almost impossible to get another sick day. She basically had no choice, but it was comforting to pretend she did.

She eventually got up and began getting ready for work. These encounters with Ron were really starting to get to her. She really needed someone to talk to that knew about the situation and didn't have connections or bias towards Ron. This left no one. She had no one to talk to. She could get through it though and she knew the new case she was on with Draco would give a distraction.

She walked through work and felt as if she was constantly being watched. She knew she wasn't but for some reason she couldn't stop feeling eyes on her. Her assistant seemed very happily to see her and welcomed her back. She then asked how Hermione was feeling.

"I'm alright, feeling better" She replied and her assistant just smiled and Hermione entered her office. To her surprise her assistant followed behind her. "What's going on Destiny?"

"I have gossip." Destiny said with a shy smile. "Draco and I kissed. I don't think anything will come from it but Merlin I wish something would."

"Oh." Hermione was caught off guard and just kind of stood in her tracks.

Destiny felt the tension and spoke again. "Oh I'm sorry this is so unprofessional for work and you and I guess him too are my superiors."

"No sorry I just didn't expect it thats all. I'm happy for you." Hermione said with a smile. Destiny smiled back and bigger and came in to hug Hermione.

"Do you want to go to lunch with me today?" Destiny asked. Hermione pondered on it because first off she would miss lunch with Malfoy but in all honesty Destiny's raw optimism might be more of a distraction than Malfoy.

"Sure I'd love to." She replied and Destiny smiled and thanked her then left. Hermione then finally plopped in her desk chair and got to work. She was counting the seconds to the time Malfoy usually came in just to distract herself. He came in 4 minutes later than usual.

"Good morning Hermione, hows my partner in crime today?" He said as he swung the door open and gave his famous smirk. Although he instantly regretted what he had said, Granger found it amusing.

Hermione chuckled. "I mean technically we are." He nodded."Where's your paperwork today?"

"No need to bring it, I need you to come with me to my office to review some stuff about the case." Hermione nodded and followed him out of her office.

"Bye Draco" Destiny called from behind them and Draco just waved in return.

"You'll never guess which Auror team we are working with." Draco told Hermione.

"Wow ummm I wonder, could it be Tom's?" Hermione said sarcastically, Malfoy didn't catch on.

"What? Who the hell is Tom? We are working with Harry's team." Hermione laughed. Draco knew she had a beautiful laugh but something about it today didn't feel as genuine as usual. "You guys can't make me be the third wheel, okay?"

"No, never, I have a strange feeling I'll be the third wheel as you guys bicker like an old married couple." Hermione said and Malfoy gave her a disgusted look. Hermione laughed and Draco once again took notice that it didn't sound right. "Oh by the way, I can't do lunch today, I'm getting lunch with Destiny."