Chapter 5

Hermione woke up with a start to the sound of her phone. She looked at the alarm on one side of her, it was already past 9. This was later than she normally slept but at least she got to sleep in. She looked at her phone and it was Ginny. "Good morning Ginny" she said answering the phone with a yawn.

"Oh did I wake you? I'm sorry, I just assumed because you're normally up earlier than this."

"Its fine Ginny, I needed to get up anyways." Hermione said getting up from the bed and heading down stairs. "So what's going on?"

"Oh nothing really, you just never texted me when I should stop by today."

"Oh geez Ginny I'm sorry, I totally forgot last night. Malfoy said we'll meet there at 7 so I guess come by around 5."

"Okay I'll be there at 4:30" Ginny said, water now running on the other line,"I'll see you tonight Hermione."

"Okay bye Ginny" Hermione said hanging up the phone and setting it down on the counter. Hermione pulled out some cereal and poured herself a bowl along with some pumpkin juice because she wasn't in the mood to make coffee. She grabbed her copy of Middlemarch from her book-stack and began to read while eating her breakfast.

Even after everything that has changed in the past 5 years, Hermione still loves to read. She started rereading a lot of the old English classics which lead her to now read Middlemarch.

She got about 10 pages in when she finally finished her cereal and juice. She could tell today would be a long day before the carnival but she was honestly looking forward to the carnival. Last night she learned she actually did enjoy hanging out with Draco, and she was looking forward to getting to know Blaise a little better. She was never the one that held a thing against the Slytherins in school but because of the people she hung out with that is something she happened to do, and the rude comments from that house especially didn't help.

She took her book up stairs and wished it was warmer and she might be able to go in the pool, but the fresh fall air prevented that, so instead she decided to take a hot shower. Once she was out of the shower, it was only a little after 10, she still had a whole day ahead of her before anything was to happen. So to pass time she pulled out her diary.

Day 1247...Hermione wrote about yesterday. About how she felt mentally, which she was actually feeling good. About her dinner with Draco. About the carnival. About how she could tell it would be a long day. Then when she was done she sat it on her dresser and went to lay on the couch and read more of her book.

Hermione was upstairs when she heard the floo chime signaling someone came through. Of course it was Ginny at 4:30 just as she had said. "Hey Gin."

"Hey mione" she said pulling Hermione in for a hug. "Damn I am starved Hermione, what do you keep in your fridge?" Ginny said pulling away and heading toward the kitchen.

"Wait just tell me what you want and i'll get it for you." Hermione said but Ginny didn't stop.

"Oh whatever, besides I don't even know what I want." she replied opening the fridge, completely ignoring the thing she knew Hermione wanted to hide. Then she found a container of strawberries and got them out and set them on the counter. Then she moved to the pantry and pulled out a thing of biscuits and took both of the items to the dining room and began to eat. "So mione what do you think about this whole carnival thing?"

"I think it'll be fun."

"You don't think we're like being set up. I mean come on its Malfoy and Zabini. They seemed to pull stuff in school all the time, how do we know this isn't like that?" Ginny asked.