Chapter 6

Hermione opened her eyes in her living room. She sat up on her couch and saw Ginny and Draco on the other end. "What happened?"

They both looked at her with immense surprise and relief. Ginny rushed over to her side. "Oh 'Mione. You passed out on the ferris wheel. Malfoy about had a heart attack convinced you were going to fall out."

"Did not, I was just worried about her well being" Draco said moving toward Hermione as well.

Ginny ignored him. "Are you okay? Do you want water or juice?"

"I am okay, but water would be nice."

"Malfoy go get her water." Ginny ordered and he followed. "Hermione did you pass out from what we saw?"

"I guess so, I can't think of another thing that would have caused that so suddenly." Hermione said sitting up all the way and leaning on Ginny.

"I am so sorry mione, I know the memories that must have brought back." Ginny said draping her arm around her friend. Hermione didn't respond just held onto Ginny.

Draco came back with her water and Hermione took a long sip then set it down on her side table. "I am going to head home, but I had a nice time." Draco said to them.

"Thank you for sticking around." Ginny said and Hermione nodded.

"Thank you a lot, and I really enjoyed tonight as well, we should do this again sometime." Hermione said. "Goodnight Draco."

"I agree, good night Hermione, good night Weasley." Draco said then walked into the fireplace and with a flash of green he was gone.

"I'll stay the night with you unless you'd rather be alone?" Ginny told her.

"I think I just need to be alone but thank you for everything." Hermione replied.

"Okay well I love you and please take care of yourself, good night Mione." Ginny said squeezing her into a tight hug.

"Goodnight Ginny, I love you too."

Ginny walked to the fireplace and was gone as fast as Draco. Hermione went to the fridge grabbed a bottle of fire whiskey, then disappeared upstairs to her room.

Day 1249...Hermione sat in her office Monday morning, writing about the weekend. She forgot to write on Sunday because she spent the day with Harry. She was contemplating not even coming to work today but in wizarding world its not all that easy to get time off. She hoped this week would go smoothly considering how the weekend went.

She also mentioned her fear in her writing. She feared he would come looking for her. She feared he wouldn't stop until he found her. She feared she would do the same.

Hermione put her journal away so when Draco came in at his usual time, she wouldn't be embarrassed. She waited, but to her surprise, he never came. Hermione shook it off because he wasn't required to go to her office every morning, and its not like they were super close.

When lunch rolled around Hermione became so busy she forgot about him. She walked out her office and sitting at a bench infront of her assistant was Draco. Her assistant was very obviously eying Draco, but he either didn't notice or pretended not to. He jumped up when he saw Hermione. "Hey, sorry I didn't come this morning, there was no papers." He said with a shrug.

Hermione smiled. "Don't worry about it, I don't mind, but how long have you been out here?"

"Oh just a few minutes, its out lunch break so I figured you'd be leaving soon." He said and looked out the hallway then back at Hermione. "Where were you thinking about going for lunch?"

"Probably the café on the corner, you want to join me?" She asked him. He was taken aback even though deep down he wished this would've been the outcome of the conversation anyways. But he denied that part of this thoughts.

"That'd be fun." He replied and they headed toward the café. As they were walking Draco couldn't help but admire her. He was beginning to come to terms with his feelings for her, but he still didn't want to admit it to himself. He still did everything he could to convince himself otherwise.

They made it to the café, and once they had their food, they found a seat and made themselves comfortable. "So how are you feeling? I was hoping you were okay after what happened on Saturday night."

"Oh yeah, I am fine. I think it was just low blood sugar." She said taking a sip of her tea.

"Oh thats good- well not that you had low blood sugar, but that you're fine." He said and Hermione laughed at his awkwardness.

Hermione stood and knocked on his forehead. "Hey Draco, are you in there? I think some awkward, nice man took over your body." Now it was Draco's turn to laugh.

"Hermione, no, don't let Draco out. I have him trapped in their." At this point they were both laughing. Draco was in awe at how beautiful her smile was. She was beautiful. He did miss her pure appearance she had back in school but I guess she matured and so did her looks.

Lunch went on with small talk and jokes. Once they got back to her office they said good byes and he went back into his office. The rest of the day was pretty slow and she was quite happy to be able to go home at the end of the day. She got home and just threw herself back on the couch and stared at the ceiling.

Her day all came rushing back to her. She began to actually think about everything that happened at lunch with Draco. It was all strange to her, she couldn't even remember one snarky comment he made, and he was incredibly awkward. Maybe he was finally coming around to her and was starting to see her as a friend.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell. 'Thats weird no one I know ever uses the doorbell' she thought. "Coming" she yelled as she worked herself to the dining room.

She opened the door and saw darkness. It was him. She knew this day would come, but eventhough it had been years it would always be too soon. "Hey" He said with a pathetic smile. She slammed the door on him. She stood staring at the closed door. She was overcome with so many emotions, but to her surprise and delight, none of these emotions were happy. None of these emotions were pleasant. None of these emotions were love.

With the confidence she gained from that realization, she reopened the door revealing the same red haired mess of a boy she knew all those years ago. "What do you want Ron?"

"Hey Hermione, how have you been?" He asked as he let himself inside and she closed the door behind him with her blood slowly boiling over.

"Ron, I don't want your pathetic attempt at small talk, what do you want?" She said giving him an emotionless expression that caused him to feel more regret and guilt.

"I want to see our son." He said straightening up his posture. Hermione let a single tear fall down her face before quickly turning away and admiring her backyard. "Hermione I know I made a huge mistake, but he deserves to meet his father, even if it is just this once."

Hermione stayed silent but more tears fell down her now very pale face. She couldn't handle this today. She could never handle this. "You don't have a son."

"What are you talking about? I saw him in your belly at St. Mungos" Ron said, obviously not taking the hint. "I felt him inside you."

"You don't have a son."

"Oh god, 'Mione please don't tell me you killed our son."

Hermione snapped. "No Ron, I didn't kill my baby, you did. Now I think you should leave, please."

To Hermione's surprise, Ron listened. In fact he stormed out of the house. Hermione stood in place. Nearly in shock of the situation. Then fell to the ground in tears and curled herself into a ball on her kitchen floor. She cried until she had to throw up. Seeing Ron, even without having a conversation with him, made her hate herself. She laid on the tile of her kitchen M, unwilling to move, she stared at her ceiling until it all went black and she was asleep.