Chapter 2: And there was us left.

Chaewon's POV

"Eunbi-unnie has always been there for us," Wonyoung cried, "we can't do anything without her!"

"Chaeyeon can take her place, right unnie?" Hitomi turned to our de facto leader number two.

"M-me? I don't know about that..." Chaeyeon waved her hands tremblingly as the responsibility was pushed to her.

"Ya, Yena-unnie is gonna die if you let her fend for herself." Yuri raised her voice. She kneeled down in front of me, grasping me tightly at my shoulders, as if shaking some sense out of me. "Come on unnie. Help her." Yuri pleaded, locking a stern and solemn gaze with me.

Whatever. It's just going to work.

"She's right..." I peered over my shoulder to take a look at the motionless Yena. "There's only so much we can do for Yena-unnie. We just have to trust that Eunbi-unnie can power through her fatigue."

"We trust your decision, unnie. Let's get her inside the tent." Hitomi shuffled over just beside me. I clambered to my feet and we lifted her body together, lugging her indoors, away from the elements. It appeared that this was some sort of triage tent set up for the sick or injured - so the other crackhead walking hazards wouldn't cause a din and trip over a resting soul. It seems like Chaeyeon had thought about this well. Beside her, laid an unconscious Yena and Yujin - of which the latter, I suspect is just taking an over-extended nap. Maybe after having a food coma on the plane. Who knew a teenage girl could devour 3 main courses in one sitting. And still look that skinny.

"Ice packs for her." Hyewon returned with two ziploc bags of freshly-gathered snow, placing them over Eunbi's head to disperse some of the heat from her body. "You look terrible, Chaewon." She commented truthfully.

I could only reply with a thoughtless "Thanks".

"Leave her to me, alright?" Hyewon offered. I figure I could still go on for a week without sleep - if disasters like this kept striking us every other day, that is. But after that I would be too weak to be of any use to anyone. Better get some rest now while it's peaceful. I nodded in thanks to the helpful kwangbae, before heading over to the other canvas shelter for some sleep. Passing by the roaring fire where Nako rested, I could feel the heat reach my core gently before slowly leaving me. Who knew such a measly fire could bring so much warmth and comfort amidst the winter chill, rising timidly but strongly against the obsidian-black skies.

"Everything okay, unnie?" A small, squeaky voice greeted me as I passed the fire.

"Mmm... yea." I continued making my way to the rest area, away from Nako.

"Unnie?"

"What do you want?"

"... Nothing." Her voice squeaked in a higher pitch. It felt as if fear had silenced her.

That sounded harsh.

"Sorry. I'm just... tired, I guess." I strolled back to her, kneeling down to apologise for my crudeness. My raised hand met her cool and supple cheek as I brushed it tenderly with the padding of my thumb. Her skin sprang back upon even the slightest touch, but was stained with streaks of black soot and hardened wounds after the crash.

"It's okay, unnie. You deserve some rest."

"Thanks Nako."

I collapsed onto the sleeping bags sprawled out on the floor - every bone and muscle just aching like I had completed a marathon. Well, a marathon of emotions, definitely. It was beyond the point of just being tired, like tired from practicing - I guess this is what pure exhaustion really is. Thoughts were scattering and hopping about in my head, preventing me from getting the rest I needed. Or maybe it was the background noises of the other members still going about some important tasks. Before entering the tent, I remember seeing Sakura and a feel others scavenging the remnants of the aircraft for supplies - and some way to alert someone that we are stuck out here. Alive. But until then, there's nothing that we can do.