Chapter 13: Hear it Calling

A/N: Happy April Fools :>

Okay I'm kidding.

Nako's POV

Rudely awakened by the blinding glare of the morning sunlight, I squinted my eyes, clawing away from my sleeping position into a shaded region. I sat up, seeing all the other members resting peacefully, as we all waited out for the violent night-time storm to pass. In the other corner, Chaewon and Eunbi slept in each other's arms, cuddling each other for warmth under a shared duvet. Closer to the burnout fire in the middle, seated in a circle were the other members. Sakura rested in Hyewon's lap as the younger sat upright, while Chaeyeon had been bundled up with more coats by Hitomi – who slept across her body. Then, in Yuri's lap was Yujin – accompanied by the clingy Yena at her feet, as if asserting her dominance over Yuri. By my side laid Wonyoung, still blowing gentle bubbles in her sleep, and Minju, sprawled messily across the ground as her hand rested on Wonyoung's face. I giggled silently at this adorable sight, though regretted the fact that I could not take a photo of them in this state.

Sucking in a breath of cold air, I felt my lungs getting used to the chilliness out in the mountains here. It must have been a week or so since we crash landed, and much has changed in our ways of life. There were no more schedules to prepare for, no deadlines to meet, no practices or classes to attend. Over here, we could sleep all we want, decide what to do when we want to, what to eat – for our lives are at stake. It seemed like something we would have wished for back then during dormitory life. But this seems a bit too far-fetched; this seems too... much.

At the same time, it meant no comebacks to prepare for, no fun outings with the company's staff over food and drinks, and most importantly – no Wizones cheering for us. Who knows how they are coping, with us missing and possibly never to return...

Getting up, I realised that my wound hardly hurt at all. With a light brush of my hand over the tender area, I sensed that the wound had done its best to seal itself. Carefully, I pushed myself off the ground, climbing up to my knees to tiptoe out of the tent – wary of the other members in their slumber. 

Emerging out of the tent, basking in the warmth and vibrant sunshine of rising sun, it felt like something out of a vacation. Well for me, it might be. For the others? I'm sure the journey has been short of a holiday for them. Chaewon and Hitomi worrying day and night for our speedy recovery, while Hyewon, Yuri, Wonyoung and Minju had been searching for parts to fix the generator. Not to mention our three courageous members, almost on death's door as they powered their way through the storm. Thank god that they are safe now.

And now that I'm better, I should start to do my part for the team. Everyone has been working hard to keep us alive, while I've just been skiving off the rest.

"Nako!" Chaewon called from behind. I didn't quite catch her until after she called a few times, having been lost in the gorgeous and scenic view of morning. "Why are you out here? You should be wary of your injury."

"Gwaenchanayo, Chaewon-unnie. I'm better now, see," I lifted up the hemp of my shirt from underneath my coat, showing her how the wound had sealed beneath the wrapping of bandages. Upon closer inspection, Chaewon finally released a sigh of revelation – glad that I have almost fully-recovered.