Twelve

Laurens POV

— time skip: one week later —

My last day of bed rest finally ends today and I've been going absolutely insane. My two older siblings left a few days ago and things were very tense when they left. I'm honestly dreading going back home. I'm still in a fight with Lisa and Christina and Mike basically abandoned me after coming to see me for two days, and my parents haven't phoned me once since I've gotten here, or even see me. Thankfully I still have two weeks left here in camp and although I can't play, I'd much rather stay here than be back home right now.

"Hey Laur," Ali greets me as she sits down next to me at the hotel breakfast area. I smile and greet her back as I begin to eat my own food. Ali and I have become even more closer because of my injury and she was always there for me while I was on bed rest and going insane. I'm so grateful for the amazing teammates and friends I've made on this camp and I just know I'm going to be so sad leaving them all at the end of the camp.

"Are you coming to watch practice today?" Carli asks me, sitting on the other side of me.

"Yea definitely," I say in a heartbeat. I've missed playing soccer so much and although I won't be able to play, I'm hoping it'll give me some sort of comfort and relief to at least be able to watch my teammates practice.

"I've been itching to play again. I don't know how longer I can go without playing," I say light heartedly and see Carli smile at me sympathetically.

"We've all been there, Kid. Don't worry, you'll be able to play soon," Ali says and pats my back reassuringly.

I sigh but smile back up at Ali who returns my smile.

"How are things back home?" Ali asks me carefully. I told her all about how I felt betrayed how Christina and Mike left me just after two days of being here and asked her if i was being unreasonable or selfish, she reassured me I wasn't and continued to listen to all my rants about my family.

"I don't know Ali, I've not spoken to Lisa since our fight which is so unusual for us. She's my best friend and someone who I was the closest to all my life. My parents haven't responded or phoned me back since I left and I just feel so hurt that Christina and Mike didn't even stay long enough to see me leave the hospital." I say disappointedly and hurt and sigh frustratingly after. Ali looks at me and gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Don't worry Laur, I'm sure things will all work out when you go back home or even before them. I think everyone's just really busy love," She says comfortingly.

"I'm dreading going back home Al," I tell her honestly and she gives me a sad smile.

"Aw Laur," She says sadly and reaches over to give me a hug. After we pull away she wraps one of her arms around me.

"Hey, if you're up for it and your parents and siblings are cool with it, we'd be more than happy to have you stay out our house for however long you want before you have to go back home," Ash pipes in who's sitting across from Ali and has been listening to our whole conversation. Ali nods at her words.

"Really? You guys would do that for me?" I say, shocked and touched that they would do that for me.

"Of course Laur. You could tell them that we're keeping you with us till you feel okay from your injury again or whatever," Ali says and I smile at them both.

"Thank you guys! Wow, that'd be amazing. I'll ask my parents and siblings soon," I tell them excitedly, and very grateful they offered. I honestly want nothing more than to stay with them for a couple weeks as I know things will be so tense at home, especially since I won't be able to play soccer, what seems to be my only escape from my family.