𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 26: 𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞

"What?" I ask, not sure if I heard what Jaylee just right.

"Your dad, he's at the door and he wants to come in." She says, a worried expression crossing her face.

"Well don't let him in." Vinnie says.

I think about my answer for a second before saying it. "I'm gonna talk to him." I say.

"What." Jaylee and Vinnie say in unison. "I'm gonna go talk to him." I repeat.

"What about all the stuff he put you through?" Vinnie asks, concern written all over his face.

"He came here for a reason, I wanna know why." I say before getting up.

I try to walk out but Jaylee stop me hesitantly. She gives me a look before searching my face. "Are you sure?" She asks. I nod my head and walk past her.

I make my way down the stairs and to the front door, Vinnie and Jaylee close behind me.

I stand in front of the door and take a few breaths. "You got this baby." I hear behind me.

I open my eyes and slowly open the door.

The door opens and I see a tall figure standing in front of me. My eyes lift to meet the ones I've been dreading for years now.

"Hey pumpkin." He says, his voice raspy, from the cigarettes he's no doubt been smoking.

"Hi dad." I say lowly, not making eye contact with him anymore. "How have you been? I missed you." He says giving me a small smile.

I close my eyes and sigh, not as prepared for this as I thought. "Dad can we just cut the crap." I say. "Please." I finally look him in the eyes, wincing a bit as I do so.

His small smile fades slightly, a look of confusion taking over.

"What do you mean darling?" He asks. I sigh, trying my best not to cry. "I mean the whole 'i know I'm a crappy father so I'm gonna pretend like I didn't emotionally, mentally and physically abuse my own daughter for my sake' crap?" I explain.

He looks taken aback by my statement but quickly recovers from it. "I don't know what you're talking about honey, that's not how I feel at all." He says.

"The why did you come here then dad?" I ask desperately, tears started to form. He looks from me to Vinnie and Jaylee then back to me.

He opens his mouth to say something then stops himself, clearly not able to come up with a logical explanation, except to try and act like some sort of savior.

I let out a bitter laugh and nod my head. "Of course, you don't have an answer, just like always." I say. "You know for a guy that just got out of jail, you're really bad at this whole 'happy to be home' thing." I tell him.

"Jade I care about you so much, you know this." He says with not one ounce of truth in his eyes.

That's what set me off. That sentence right there.

"No you don't dad, you wanna know how I know?" I ask him, not planning on letting him answer.

"I know because if you really cared you wouldn't have sexually assaulted your daughter just because you were angry because you screwed your life up by cheating on mom when you knew it wasn't right and that she was going through a rough time."

"Dad if you really cared you would have provided for our family when we needed it the most instead of going and sleeping with another woman just because you couldn't keep it in your pants and keep yourself together because mom wasn't in the mood for you every 2 seconds because she was broken and you completely ignored that and our families needs for yours because that's how selfish and cruel you are dad."

"You can't stop for 1 second and think about someone other than yourself and when it all blew up in your face you decided to take it out on me when I did nothing, I was a kid dad, how in ANY world do you think that would be ok?"

"I-" He starts but I cut him off, way too caught up in my emotions to notice the tears flowing down my face.

"No dad, it's my turn to talk. All these years you thought that what you did to me was ok and that you'd get away with it because 'who's gonna believe the little girl with family troubles?' Right? Well news flash dad, I'm not that little girl anymore and I'm sure not going to let you treat me like it, so I suggest you get off of this porch and leave right now before you find out who I really am now." I finish.

Tears staining my eyes, I look my father in the eyes as he looks completely out of it, not expecting me to stand up for myself.

"How are you talk to me like-" He gets cut off as I pinch my nose. "Dad....please just....go." I say my lips trembling, tears threatening to fall again.

"Hey man I think you should go." I hear a voice come beside me. I look up and see Vinnie beside me, facing my dad.

"Who do you think you are?" My father says rudely. "The boy who's trying to help your daughter get through what you put her through so I suggest you leave right now because I'm not afraid to make you pay for you did to her." He says through gritted teeth.

I feel two arms wrap around my neck from behind me and pull me away from the door. I look up and see Josh, not noticing when he got here.

"Come on, I think you've said what you needed to say." He says taking me away from the situation.

That's when I see Bryce go over to Vinnie and try to defuse the situation.

Josh leads me upstairs to Vinnie's room and stays in the doorway while I get under his covers.

"Are you gonna be ok?" He asks. "Yeah I will, thanks Josh." I say. "Always Jade, you know that." He smiles at me before closing the door and heading back downstairs.

After about 5 minutes I hear the door open and the bed dips. I feel two strong arms wrap around my waist and snuggle into me.

I turn around to face him, my eyes still tear stained. Vinnie brings his hands to my face and wipes the tears from my face, giving me a small smile.

"Are you ok?" He asks lowly.

I nod my head, too tired to give an actual answer. "I'm proud of you you know." He says looking in my eyes.

"For what." I say my voice breaking slightly. "Because you stood up for yourself and you were strong. I knew you could do it." He tells me, pushing a strand out my hair that had falling in my face, out of the way.

"You know that date tomorrow doesn't sound so bad." I say. He gives me a smile and nods his head.

"Ok then, we'll go out tomorrow ok?" He says.

I agree with a smile and hold onto Vinnie's hands that were on my face. "I love you." I say with a sigh.

Vinnie brings his lips to my forehead, kissing it softly.

"I love you too."

ᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴀʟᴋ
hi guyssss here's the chapter y'all have been waiting for🙄✋🏽

our baby Jade finally faced her fear and stood up to her horrible excuse of a father🥰

let me know if you like it and what y'all wanna see next.

ohhhh and also just to put this out there im gonna end this book soon but I have another vinnie book in the works for you guys and the face claim is black so that's exciting😌

and it's based on the song I'm obsessed with rn Heartbreak Anniversary by Giveon so yeahhhh

get ready for that and OMG THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 100k+ READSSSS

im so incredibly grateful and I never thought I would ever get here with my writing.

i literally started this book off of impulse with no plan of taking it this serious but I'm so beyond happy and grateful for you guys and just wanted to say thank you for putting up with my inconsistency and my craziness.

so yeah thank you guys so much🥰 i love you guys forever and as always remember to stay bad🥰✨