Chapter 12: Going back?

Taliah POV

Beep
Beep
Beep

I lifted my head up to look at my alarm and it was 5 am. At my old pack, my alarm was always automatically set at 5:00 to clean the pack house and cook food.

I turned my head to see my mate, Titus, sleeping peacefully with his mouth slightly parted. Softly snoring.

I looked up at the ceiling to reflect on everything that's happened so far in the past year that we've been free.

Me and Titus' mate-bond has gotten stronger. We shared our nightmares and darkest secrets. Fairuh is like the mom I never had. Even though the others won't admit it, they feel the same way too. Especially since our parents basically abandoned and forgot us.

I'm one of the best doctors in our pack. With my healing powers, most people think it's useless, but I've recently discovered I can wake people up from comas and revive the dead, but the MoonGoddess will only approve it if it's really important.

Ahmnix POV

I woke up pretty early today seeing as I couldn't shake the fact that we were actually going to see them today. I know Levit is probably going to have the hardest time. She's our Leader, Alpha, and Captain. She's going to be checking on us instead of taking care of herself.

I called for the boys to help make breakfast for the girls. MoonGoddess knows, we're in for a bumpy ride.

Levit POV

I was in the bathroom already brushing my teeth about to make breakfast for the team before we got going. I walked down the stairs and it smelled like bacon sticks (bacon-covered in pancake mix) and eggs. I also heard some light chatter.

I turned the corner to see Nico's mouth stuffed with eggs. "Oh, hey Cupcake," he smirked. I heard Fairuh ask where he went, "That's my queue, gotta go, bye!" Nico ran all around the kitchen with Fairuh chasing him,

Fairuh yelled, "Get back here, when I get my hands on you, I ought...," she mumbled the rest.

I took my seat next to Apollo who was happily munching on his bacon sticks. When Fairuh and Nico finally calmed down I announced a meeting with the pack and then a separate one with just us Protectors for after breakfast.

***

~Pack Meeting~
After breakfast, the Protectors went to the meeting room while I mind-linked the pack members to meet there.

5 minutes later

"Attention members of the Moon Life pack, 10 of us Protectors will be going out to deal with the mission and three of us will stay here to protect the pack along with the head warriors."

"Listen out for the following names: Rollin, Colean, and Taliah will stay here. Sparrow, Sarah, Thea, Liam, Nico, Fairuh, Nica, Ahmnix, Titus, and Apollo will come with me to train the other packs. Any questions?"

*someone in the crowd raised their hand*

"You, what is your name and your question?" I asked the young girl.

"Charlie, when will you be back?" She asked.

"I don't know for sure but maybe five months. If anything major is to happen here, we will come right away if the warriors cannot handle it."

"Any more questions... no, ok. This pack meeting is over," my voice spoke loudly over the people talking rapidly.
~Pack Meeting over~

Sparrow POV

~Protector's Meeting~
We were in the private meeting room waiting for Captain. We were all wondering why Rollin, Taliah, and Colean are staying behind.

5 minutes later

"I guess you're all wondering why only 10 of us are going," she paused to see if they were paying attention. "Rollin is newly mated, and it's only been a few weeks. If he is away from his mate for too long, he will fall sick. Their bond is still taking time to develop," Captain expressed.

"What about Taliah and Titus? Their mates and only Titus is going with us," I asked, genuinely confused.

"They've been mated for almost a year. Their bond is strong enough to withstand distance between them over a few weeks-old bond. Plus she is our best healer, we need her here on standby," Captain explained. "Colean is only staying because she asked me to, and I think it's good company for Taliah. Ok, now that that's taken care of, how about we plan some revenge," Captain smirked, and soon we followed along.
~Protector's Meeting over~

***

Levit POV

After about two hours of discussing the plan and details, we came to a conclusion.

1.) We will go a day before because that's when the packs come together for a gathering and a little partying.

2.)Then we'll ride our motorcycles and crash the "party" with an epic entrance.

3.)They won't recognize us, except Liam's friend Jake. We'll introduce ourselves as the Protector. Their will be gasps all around.

4.) If they don't believe us, then we'll just have to show them. *smirks*