Chapter 21: Identity And Secrets

Rollin POV

It was late at night when I finished some patrol for a pack member who was taking leave from work due to an injury on his last patrol.

I finally arrived at our house hoping to see my beloved mate Shaliah waiting for me in our room, but she wasn't there.

We've been drifting apart lately. Like something is missing from our bond.

For example our emotions haven't been intact. I can't feel her happiness or sadness even though I've marked her. I always get a sense of "weirdness" when every I'm around her and an uneasiness in my stomach that's sometimes unbearable.

But I know better than to question the MoonGoddess.

I always thought it was the matter of us not spending enough time together. That's why our bond is probably weakening, so I came up with the perfect idea of going on a trip together away from the pack house and responsibilities.

I was getting ready for a shower when I heard hushed voices coming from the bathroom. It sounded like Shaliah was on the phone with a very familiar voice, I just couldn't figure out who.
"Hey, what's going on back home?"

"Nothing much, the boss hasn't given the orders yet, but I heard their coming soon, but anyways how's lover boy?" He snicked. "I heard you've got him wrapped around your little finger."

"Oh yeah definitely, I even got him to believe I don't shift because I'm 'insecure' about my 'wolf'."

"That's hilarious,"

"And to top it off I don't even think he's not even at least bit concerned our bond is not like a normal one," I heard her laugh.

"I mean that's what you feel when witch magic is used towards that person, some spells have that affect. We just need to hurry before he realizes."

My heart broke at those words.

I couldn't even contain myself when I busted into the room. I yelled for her name only to have a huge explosion blow me back.

I landed on the floor so hard I probably broke a couple ribs. I was losing consciousness fast, but I managed to send a mind link to Levit and Kayden telling them it's an emergency and to watch out for Shaliah.

I just hope they got that last part.

The last thing I remember before I completely passed out was Shaliah smiling in my face and the guy we saved in the forest with a smug grin on his face.

AN- The guy who they saved in the forest's name is Kam.

***

Levit POV

As soon as I heard the distress in Rollins voice me and Kayden shifting and ran as fast as we could to the pack house.

I tried to mind link him over and over again, but I was getting no response whatsoever.
"Hey, don't worry I'm sure Rollin's fine," Kayden tried to reassure, noticing the nervous looks on my face.

"I know its just what if he's not okay." I couldn't help the doubt in my voice as I thought of all different things happening to Rollin.

They pack house was coming into our view. We shifted back and tried to find Sparrow and Sarah.

"Sparrow! Sarah! Where are you?!"