Chapter 17: Training and Attacks?

Sparrow POV

I woke up at 5:00 am to get ready for training at 7:00 am. I always get up a few extra hours early to get in some exercises I don't do with the pack. As the Beta, I have to be keen on my senses and sharp on my skills.

Sarah usually joins me, but after our little "reunion" yesterday, meeting her mom and all, it kind of shocked her mentally and drained her a bit.

When I was walking back to my room, I heard two hushed voices coming from the kitchen.

"Did you report back?"
"Of course, I did, idiot."
"Well, what did he say?"
"He said the attack is happening at 7:00 am when everyone is at training, so it will be easier to get them in one place."

I tried to get a little closer to see who it was, but it was no one I knew. I mentally sent a pic to Levit and rushed to warn her.

Not knowing a third person was close behind me watching my every move.

"Captain! Captain! Wake up! Wake up! We've got to evacu--," and boom-

A loud explosion was heard.

The roof started to shake.

*gasp* "Sparrow, *cough* what happened?" Levit asked.

"No time to explain. We've got to get Thea to teleport everyone to our pack, we'll be safer there."

3rd POV

Levit mind-linked the Protectors, while Sparrow went to help the pups (pack children). She started banging on the doors trying to get as many people out as possible.

She headed to Nico's and Nica's rooms first. Nico can put out the fires while Nica tries to control them and make evacuation easier.

*knock* *knock* She knocked on two different doors. "Nico! Nica! Wake up, we need your help with these fires!"

The door swung open. "Cupcake what wrong?" Nico rubbed his eyes tiredly with Fairuh half-asleep on his shoulder. At the same time Nica's door opened with Ahmnix's arms wrapped around her waist.

"I need you both to put out THE FIRES!"

"FIRES?!" Nico, Fairuh, Nica, and Ahmnix yelled.

"YES, fires. Now get to it"

Nico and Nica took off running to the fires, while Levit asked Ahmnix and Fairuh to help evacuate the pack members.

1 hour later

By this time the fires had calmed down and everybody was deep in the forest. The protectors were organizing a way to teleport a large group of people when suddenly someone spoke up.

"Why can't the elderly and kids hold hands to teleport with Thea? The group won't be that big and there will be less difficulties," Liam said.

"What about the rest of us?" someone yelled in the back.

"The rest of us will just shift and run. Simple."

"Great plan Liam. We'll have the elders and everyone 16 and under go with Thea, while we shift and run. Everyone good with that?" Levit questioned.

"Get into groups, and let's shift."

The crowd shifted and taking off.

I guess it's time for the Protectors to go home, but this time with a little trouble.