5. It Was Never Sunshine and Rainbows

The trio came down the stairs whe laughing and teadsing each other about nothing and everything. But as they stood in the living room,the tension could easily be sensed. Something was off. And it alarmed the boys.

"Is everything okay?" Taehyung asked, nearing Namjoon.

"Sit down. I'll tell you." Namjoon spoke softly and pointed the empty seats beside him. "So basically something came up and we need to prepone the wedding."

"And it's happening on?" Taehyung asked not somehow surprised but worried for some reason.

"In 3-4 days."

Taehyung stuttered while asking the next question. He didn't want to ask, but he had to. He knew the reason had been anything but good and he was scared. "And w-why."

Namjoon sighed. He should've known Taehyung won't just let this slide by but he had to tell him.
"Taehyungie, let's talk about this at home."

Taehyung protested almost immediately. "Everyone present here is family hyung. Only Jimin, Jeongguk and I don't know and we have every right to know."

Jimin grabbed Taehyung's hand firmly, trying to calm him down as he was getting worked up. He himself was worried,scared even. But for how long could they escape from reality?

Namjoon sighed again, this time louder. He just didn't know how to make it less hurting. He understood very well how absurd everything was. It made zero to no sense at all. But this was it. And he hated himself for being so helpless.

Just then grandma spoke up.

"I'm dying sooner Tae bear. I went to the doctor's yesterday with Joon. They said I better get admitted in a week or so. I wanna see you get married baby. Forgive grandma for being so selfish."

By the time grandma finished her eyes were moist. Jeongguk's mother sat by her, holding her hand tightly.

Hoseok had his hand on Namjoon's back.

Jeongguk was sitting there blankly, still trying to process all the information.

Jimin's grip on Taehyung hand got tighter as the smaller of the two started crying.

But all this went unnoticed by Taehyung. His head was throbbing, eyes burning.

"I need a moment." He uttered the words somehow and went out In the backyard, detaching himself from Jimin.

As soon as Taehyung left Jimin went behind him, followed by Jeongguk. When Jimin was about to open the door to the backyard Jeongguk stopped him.

"Hyung, you're quite shaken too. Let me talk to him." He spoke gently and Jimin nodded before getting himself seated on a nearby chair and started bawling out.

Jeongguk could only imagine what they had been feeling at the moment.

He took a deep breath and went to the back yard.

Taehyung was sitting on the little dias, standing where they had put on the rings on each other.
Subconsciously, Jeongguk's eyes darted towards the ring adorning his finger. A symbol of commitment he made to the guy sitting in front him helplessly. That memory seems like a decade old but only from a few hours ago.

Taehyung was sitting there, shoulders slumped forward, head hanging low. Seeing him like this made Jeongguk feel so helpless. He can't do anything to make it better. No one can.