8. The Big Day-2

"The universe has moved for us without missing a single thing because our happiness has been planned. I will become your flower and we will bloom together. From now on I am you and you are me. I, Kim Taehyung, promise Jeon Jeongguk to give the best of me."

Taehyung smiled at Jeongguk after delivering the self made vow.

Jeongguk was at awe.

Taehyung and he hadn't talked about the vows at all. It just happened to slip from their minds among all the chaos.

Taehyung didn't make any fake promises to love or cherish him cause both of them knew whatever they had between them in this little time Is anything but love. But the words Taehyung said, the way he promised to give Jeongguk his best, left his heart fluttering. It moved him to an extent that if it wasn't his wedding he's sure he would've cried.

Jeongguk would very much like to continue his infatuation for Taehyung but now that Taehyung has said it he had to make a move too. He kicked himself in his mind for a few times for not practicing anything beforehand.

He looked at Taehyung's eyes, hands in his and started.

"I will hold your hand forever. With us, it will always be spring and the flowers will bloom beautifully. I will make the cherry blossoms bloom in our lives. Stars shine brighter than the darkest night and I, Jeon Jeongguk, promise Kim Taehyung that in the dark nights, I will be your light."

The way Taehyung's face lit up with a bright but shy smile as he lowers his head a little to hide the faint blush, is enough for Jeongguk to know that his vow wasn't that bad even though it made him wanna face palm.

God knows how much longer Jeongguk would have stood there admiring Taehyung while the older continued to blush if Hyejin didn't have the sudden urge to play the role of a priest.

The woman suddenly stood on the dias beside the lawyer, Min Yoongi, in an elegant pose while holding her hands together. She looked at Taehyung and asked him first as being the elder one between the two.

"Do you, Kim Taehyung, take Jeon Jeongguk to be your awfully.... I mean lawfully wedded husband?" Jeongguk sent a quick and mischievous glare to Hyejin for the 'mistake' she made which caused the spectors let out a chuckle. Taehyung bit his lips to suppress the laugh and blush. Though it worked for the laugh, the blush, however, seemed to spread more.

"I do." Came out a shy but firm reply.

"Do you, Jeon Jeongguk, take Kim taehyung as your Beautifully and lawfully wedded husband?"

Taehyung got redder (if possible) and slightly embarrassed by the snort coming from most probably Seojoon.

Jeongguk laughed audibly. A deep and short laugh erupted through his gut. "I do." He said with the biggest possible smile. As bold his answer was, Taehyung didn't miss the crimson hue on his cheeks.

"You may now kiss each other." Hyejin declared, grinning, and all of their friends began cheering but the grooms were at a loss.

As much as Jeongguk would love that, Taehyung's consent was important and yes they didn't talk about it beforehand.

Taehyung didn't know what to do. Maybe he did want to kiss Jeongguk but not like this. Not under this kind of situation when people are literally cheering for them.

Well sometimes Taehyung wonders if his friends can be considered as people at all but yet.

But they gotta do something. Anything.

While Taehyung's brain was running at a 100m/s he realized that Jeongguk stepped forward towards him.

Jeogguk put the elder's hand on his shoulder while his hand rested on Taehyung's waist. He cupped Taehyung's cheek with the other hand as he leaned in his space.

Taehyung's breath hitched in realization. Jeongguk's palm was hot against his cheek. Not burning,just the right amount of warmth. He closed his eyes subconsciously as Jeonnguk leaned in more.

Taehyung was anticipating the kiss. He just didn't know what to expect. He was nervous of the unknown.

We're husbands now. It's a tradition. It's okay. He kept telling himself. But somehow he still wasn't sure.

Then he felt it.

Jeongguk's soft lips against the corner of his mouth.

His lips curled In a smile almost instantly. He was touched by Jeongguk's sweet gesture of respecting him and his decision. Yes nothing was decided. But Jeongguk was considerate and it meant a lot.

Everyone broke out in a myriad of cheers and applause as if they had won a gold medal at Olympic games.

Taehyung vaguely wondered if more than a dozen people really cared about their lives. He knew the answer so he decided to put his attention on Jeongguk's hand which still rested on his waist with no intent to move. It was nice actually. To be held by someone. and this someone was his husband.

It felt weird.

Good weird.

Grandma came forward and blessed them with teary eyes. It didn't need to be told how happy she was for them. Then one by one the elders came and blessed them for a happy life.

The guests (Taehyung didn't even know them and neither did Jeongguk) congratulated them and went to eat. The couple couldn't care less. They quickly signed the marriage register which made their relationship official and legal.

The lawyer, Min Yoongi, a friend of Seokjin, congratulated and assured them that the marriage certificate will be mailed to them soon.

//////////////////

They married!!! 🍾

The vows might be a lil cringe. Bear with me please.

Love,Viri💜