26. The Get Together

Taehyung and Jeongguk went to grocery shopping on Friday. After contemplating and pondering a lot,they decided on telling everyone.

"You forgot the list????" Taehyung was beyond shocked by Jeongguk's irresponsible behaviour.

"I swear I had kept it in my wallet!" A mortified Jeongguk replied.

"Then where is it?"

"I left the wallet at home...."

"Gguk-" Taehyung stared at Jeongguk for a few moments then fished out his phone from his pocket. "I have everything listed here,let's go."

"So you gave me shit for nothing??? Hyung!!"

"You still forgot gguk. Doesn't change that."

Unbeknownst to Taehyung, Jeongguk sarcastically rolled his eyes before smiling and following Taehyung. They ended up getting everything they need and a lot more.

They ended up ordering takeout for lunch as they had to spent quite a time organising everything.

"They're dating?? That's great!!" Jeongguk expressed his joy with a bright smile.

"Well not really dating......"

"Hm?"

"Hyung really doesn't care about labels. And considering how none of them used the word 'dating' I think they're just... 'being together '."

"As long as they're happy that's all that matters."

"Mhm hmm. But am just particularly upset about this thing... that I can't pry about Minnie's love life!" Taehyung dramatically rolled his eyes as he continued organising cooking materials for the next morning.

"That's upsetting. He knows about yours?" Jeongguk tried to peek at him with his peripheral vision while sorting meat for the party as Taehyung said.

"Of course! There is literally no boundaries between us. He also knows about how I was left with blue balls due to someone's obnoxious taste in alarm tones." He side eyed Jeongguk who seemed to have choked on plain air,not expecting such a comeback.

"Don't cut your fingers. I'll need them." Taehyung chirped in.

"Hyung!" Jeongguk's voice sounded bewildered at the much wanted but yet controversial statement.

"What? You're gonna have to work tomorrow too. Did you think of anything else?" Taehyung smirked to himself, being able to see how completely flustered the guy was. He once again agreed to himself that he loved teasing his husband like that.

The couple woke up early in the morning to organise everything. Although Jeongguk knew that Taehyung that worked with a team of event planners,he was surprised to see how easily and almost singlehandedly Taehyung managed everything. He had a really unique sense of beauty about everything and it makes everything even more interesting.

Obviously Jimin and Namjoon were the first to arrive.

"On the name of my wedding you got your first night,huh?" Jeongguk smirked at Namjoon.

"The amount of respect you have for your brother in law! Don't mess with me or I'll invite tae to my place for a week." Namjoon smirked back with victory written in his eyes.

"Now that would be a disadvantage for both of us."

"Gguk you left pork ribs on the stove!!!" Taehyung's loud voice shrieked throughout the living room,making Jeongguk sprint towards the kitchen at once.

Eventually everyone arrived. Hoseok invited the lawyer cym dj Min Yoongi over saying they had gotten pretty close recently and no one really minded. It felt nice and refreshing to be among the loved once after so much time. They limited the drinking partly because it was daytime and partly because of Cheonsa. The little girl was having the time of her life with all of her favourite uncles.

"Hyung,Jihyunie called. He won't be here till late night." Jeongguk softly told Taehyung who was setting up the table with the help of Yoongi and Jimin.

"Mhm okay. Can you call everyone for lunch? We should eat up. I'll feed Cheonsa first and put her to sleep, you take care of the others, yeah?"

"Yeah I'll do that."

Almost by instinct the boys got quieter as Cheonsa fell asleep. The rooms although not thin walled, wasn't soundproof either. It was also impossible for 7 guys at a place to be quiet but they tried their best.

"Yah gguk, sing a song for us  it's been so long since I've heard you." Hoseok chirps in as they were trying to watch a very dull movie that no one even knows the name of.

"You sing?!" The question came out immediately as Taehyung looked at Jeongguk with surprised expressions.

"Well... a bit..." Jeongguk sheepishly scratched his neck to avoid Taehyung's eyes. 

"You didn't know?" Hoseok asked Taehyung. "Whoa I thought he would've wooed you with his voice by now!"

"Hyung!" Jeongguk was almost red by the amount of attention he was getting.

"I'm not kidding. This guy,he is really good!!" Hoseok didn't stop showering his brother with praises till he gave up and agreed to sing.

Although Taehyung knew that none that ill intent,he felt this strange kind of hurt when he realised he still didn't know Jeongguk. But more than that m, he realised that he really wanted to know all of Jeongguk. More than all of the people present in the room,he wanted to be the closest to him and wanted him the closest as well.

The sweet melody of a ballad surrounded the room as the youngest started to sing with his heart out. It didn't take long for Taehyung to realise it was a song called Ending Scene by IU. He vaguely wondered if she was Jeongguk's favourite singer or if ballads were his favourite genre. The thoughts didn't last long as he let himself be completely engulfed in the serene moment created.

Even when the song ended,Taehyung seemed to be in a trance. He saw Jeongguk giving one of his biggest smiles as he finished. Confident yet bashful. As the others broke up in a myriad of praises and compliments,he silently gazed at Jeongguk with a lingering thought, how can anyone be so enchanting.

"You know Jeongguk, you could be a really good singer if you wanted to." Yoongi softly commented after a while,meeting with an instant and strong denial.

"Oh please no. I'm really happy with everything and you know being publicly recognised is not really my thing."

"I get it. But I do compose,more or less. And even if it's for once, you'll have to sing for me. It can be under a staged name if you want."

"I'll give it a thought. Thanks hyung."

"Tae hasn't said anything about it. Did you not like it?" Seokjin softly teased him,making all of their attention turn towards him. Including Jeongguk's, who looked at him with puppy eyes, waiting to be praised for being a good boy amd Taehyung could swear that he almost cooed at the younger.

"It's just...." Taehyung looked at Jeongguk right in the eyes before continuing, " I'm so enamored." Jeongguk gave his brightest smile,Turning his eyes into crescents and making the eye wrinkles visible.

"Ah hyung...."

"Gross." Jimin pretended to gag as he looked at the couple, earning a glare from his best friend.

"Whatever you say, my dear NEPHEW!"

None of the others could decipher why Jimin choked on his beer like that.

////////////
Hi🤓

I got into a uni 🙂

But life's pretty much the same. How about y'all?

Love,viri 💜